Coyote furs

Who was the buyer, animal type, average paid?

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: Coyote furs

Post by Coyotehunter »

Badgers are a pain in the ass to put up and they are not prime for at least another month. I would sell them on the carcass to who ever will take them. No market for flat early badger.
mitchkvernum
coyotehunter

Post by mitchkvernum »

I just got 20 a piece for 2 badger. Recently shot though in the head with a .17. Anything I shoot in the chest will be minimal damage. 105s aren't as bad as u would think but when you hit gut or bone it's a nice hole. You may as well keep hunting There's a piss load this year.
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

Ya these badgers were killed first part of November and I just froze them because of no time and didn't think I wanted to mess with them...

we shot one yesterday that was really thin from neck back to shoulders on its back... she was only 22 pounds and could tell this years pup. but the rest of the fur looked really nice, just that back piece.... Not sure what that was all about.

I have had more fur damage with the 50 v-maxs than I have with the 80 bergers. I have not had a chance to hunt with the new .243AI yet. Got the barrel broke in and 78 rounds of brass made and tried one load with 105 A-maxs and they were marginal at best. After seeing what the other two guns were able to shoot this late summer/early fall no way I will except any less than one hole groups....
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

down here right now I cant get much for a badger. $20 is a good price on the carcass this time of year for badger.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Wow,just a heads up.Sold a coyote whole yesterday for $50.You guys that shoot a lot and/or put them up will be making some good $$.
Good hunting!