Fur going to fur buyer.

Who was the buyer, animal type, average paid?

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Fur going to fur buyer.

Post by Tim Anderson »

Wellbe takeing furs in on Wed. to fur buyer. Talked with a few local guys that sold and they claim they are getting 30-35.00 for finished hides, well have to see if this is true...T.A.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

The sale today went very well. I got a high of 25.00 for stretched and dried, with an average of 17.38.... T.A.

Coon brought 10,12,and 16.00
redfox brought 15.00 and 5.00 .
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Tim Anderson wrote:The sale today went very well. I got a high of 25.00 for stretched and dried, with an average of 17.38.... T.A.

Coon brought 10,12,and 16.00
redfox brought 15.00 and 5.00 .
Tim, I think you should have held out a little longer. I got a hunch they will go up a little more. From what I have heard the harvest is down. The real good ones here are selling for $25.00 in the round. I would think you should get $30.00 to $35.00 for put up fur. There will be a guy in Pierre, Sat. buying put up fur and I will find out.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Thanks for info Jerry, but youre coyotes always bring more money than ours. Last year i got 40-50 for S.D. coyotes where here they where bringing 30.00.
The fur buyer also had alot of lower grades sent back due to no sale at auction.
Some other hunters sold to a different fur buyer and where getting the same for top end fur, so i think maybe i did ok.. T.A.

P.S. I'm planning on comeing out in Feb. sometime for those silver coyotes if you did'nt shoot them all. :wink:
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

i was talking to some other coyote hunters who run coyotes with dogs and they are getting $18 per dog on the round. If i were to put all that fur up and average less than what others are getting on the round i would have to say i got screwed.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

That's the important thing. If you are happy with what you averaged, that's all that matters. Our coyotes are way down in numbers, but if you work at it and have the time you can still get some numbers. I started out great and just dwindled from then on. I have some cat sets out and have only caught one young one. Caught it in a snare and it was dead. Image Not very proud of that one. Wish I could have released her.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Last year i avr. 22.50 on coyotes, did'nt have any rubbed or mangey ones . This year i sold 11 coyotes with the better ones and thats what brought my avr. down. If i would of tossed the rubbed and mangey or large bullet hole hides my avr would of been 20.00. The avr really don't matter anyway if the coyote has hair on it it gets skinned and sold for what ever the buyer gives me, 2.00 here and 5.00 there still adds up to a nice fur check.. I checked around on prices before i sold and most buyers in my area are only paying 25.00 for tops. I sold 20 that where just skinned, if i would of stretched and dried them i would of had an extra 100 added to fur check. T.A.