fur in Minot

Who was the buyer, animal type, average paid?

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

rhino
coyotehunter

fur in Minot

Post by rhino »

Talked to the fur guy in Minot today and they said $10-$15 on the carcass this winter.

I guess a couple have come in and they threw them in the garbage. They said something about the skin being too thin yet and the fur wouldn't tan right or the hair would fall out. Not sure what that means since I am not a fur expert. Any ideas? The coyote I shot today had nice guard hairs. It looks nice too me.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: fur in Minot

Post by lyonch »

I know the 12 coyotes that levi and i skun from the tournament all turned out really nice!! They had white leather all the way through except for a small patch around the front legs but that is to be expected. If they through the coyotes out im sure they had good reason to do so. do you know the date the coyotes that they through out were shot?? if it was 3 weeks ago that could make a huge difference!! How long did the guy leave the coyote sit in the sun, how warm was that day he shot it, there are so many variables that play into it. Did he ever say what he was going to pay for put up furs??
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
rhino
coyotehunter

Re: fur in Minot

Post by rhino »

not sure when they came in. when I heard $10-15 for carcass I stopped there and didn't want to hear anymore so I didn't ask. :o