Dusty Hough Downer MN

Who was the buyer, animal type, average paid?

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: Dusty Hough Downer MN

Post by LeviM »

well, hopefully most of the coyote market got cleaned out if alot of furs sold cheap.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i think dusty said alot if not most of the coyotes went un-sold. not good news for next year :( :(
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

bucksnbears wrote:i think dusty said alot if not most of the coyotes went un-sold. not good news for next year :( :(
no its not
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

the fur market appears to be following the stock market. how low will it go?? :( Dusty sais the market is really in the tank with coyotes-fox and coon really bad. heres a few pic's of his shop today. allot of 5$ coon and coyotes.
Attachments
fur shed 2.JPG
fur shed 2.JPG (149.85 KiB) Viewed 13616 times
fur shed.JPG
fur shed.JPG (143.31 KiB) Viewed 13613 times
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

he bought all those coon from a south dakota fur buyer a couple of weeks ago, it sounded like he wanted to get as much coon as he could
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i don't think he bought them. i think he's just putting them up for the s.d guy but i'm not positive.
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

I talked to Dusty on the phone last night and he was honest with me about what the prices are going for right now. (I still have seven pelts I need to sell). I know it is late in the year but I gambled on getting more fur and probably should have sold some earlier. Oh well.

He said he is still one of the FEW buyers buying coyotes but I will be headed down next week to sell mine. Oh well I gotta put teh product to good use!
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

your almost going to spend more on gas than what you will get for the furs :cry:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

LeviM wrote:your almost going to spend more on gas than what you will get for the furs :cry:
Well not quite! It's either that or try to find freezer space and beg somebody to let me store them. At least I can take some pride in bringing them in and having him tell me how awesome of a job I did of putting them up! 8)
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

hell, the bull-shittin at the fur shed is worth the drive :mrgreen:
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

just got back from the fur shed and there was not 1 animal on the floor :shock: :shock: . usually this time of year he's up to his a$$ in spring beaver. very sad that the coyotes did't sell on the auction. beaver trapping is hard work and people arn't trapping them for the low price beeing offered. seen a coyote sleeping of 194 250 yards out.all i had was a .22 lr. :x
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

fallguy i would give ebay a try. 5-10 dollars for put up coyotes is a crime i don't know that i could give them up for that i would certainly look at all of the options. If you have the funds send them off and get them tanned a few for the walls and the kids walls and sell the rest on ebay. Les Johnson sells a lot of his coyotes on ebay.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

ebay may be the way to go to sell fur but i think even auction prices are down. . about 4-5 years ago before anyone or very few people did it i sold ALOT of whole frozen fox on ebay. most to taxidermist. i was getting average of 40.00$ for one. thats without shipping as the buyer paid for xpress shipping. i think i got 55-60 for some. this was when prices were 10-20 at the dealer. i even sold jackrabbits whole frozen to the jackalope makers. most went for 18-22$. was fun going out with a .22lr and shooting 20-30 day and getting 20$$. than ebay caught on and nuked me, pissed me off. i once had a post office in georgia call me and ask what i had in the box as there was blood coming out of it. i had sent a jackrabbit and somehow it got lost in the mail and thawed out. i think she was totally freaked. i don't do the ebay thing anymore as they've turned quite anti gun.
Last edited by bucksnbears on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Ya i guess i don't have any expiernces myself but now of a lot of guys that have done it and liked the results.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Prairie Ghost

Missed your email by a little bit. As you sent that advice about Ebay, we were at Dusty's selling our furs. Above is a picture of my son Jackson with our stuff.

We had two coyotes that on a good year Dusty said woud go for 30 each...two coyotes that were absolute shit...5 intermediate ones...a nice fox...and then a porcupine and a mink both in the round.

Any guesses on a total? All the canines were put up, and these were sold on April 4th.