2008 Minot Predator Hunt Results

Coyotehunter.net will be holding a 1- day coyote hunting tournament in Minot, ND 13 October 2012

Moderator: Coyotehunter

lyonch
coyotehunter

2008 Minot Predator Hunt Results

Post by lyonch »

The 2008 Minot Predator Hunt went well!! I would like to thank Jamie and TBush!!! Without those two guys this tournament would have never happened. Another thanks needs to be given to TBush's wife for cooking an awesome meal for everyone at the end of the hunt. Everything in my opinion went smooth. Thanks to all the gentleman and ladie (Tbush's wife) for participating in this tournament. I am sending all the information to jamie for record and review by him and he will be posting the final results page and or editing my post.

The results are (after skinning all dogs and gutting big dog):

1st place:
Jesse Sucket and Damon Finley
checked in 6 coyotes (saw 11) with a check in time of 7:00 pm and also won big dog at a weight of 36.5lbs.

2nd place:
Marty Oyle and Luke Oyle (aka Lucos on the site)
Checked in 2 coyotes (saw 9) with a check in time of 7:29pm and also won Small dog with a weight of 23.35lbs.

3rd place:
Thomas Carson and John Bohnenkamp
Checked in 1 coyote (saw 5) with a check in time of 5:07pm (Didn't get a picture of them because they had to take off to get back home. This is the coyote they shot)

4th place:
Travis Bush and Casey Olson
Checked in 1 coyote (saw 6) with a check in time of 6:05pm

5th Place:
Richard Testa and Daryl Bargsness
Checked in with 1 coyote (saw 4) with a check in time of 7:11pm

Since there was only 12 teams (15 being the cutoff) the payout was 75% and only the top 3 placed teams will be payed out. At the end of the day there were 12 coyotes, 1 red fox, 1 raccoon, and 1 badger checked in. 12 teams saw 54 coyotes on a day that was very windy!!!

Congratulations to all who participated in the tournament and to the winners!! I hope everyone walked away with at least a learning experience for next year!! All the teams that participated in the hunt were top notch teams. Everyone had great cooperation :D
Last edited by lyonch on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: 2008 Minot Predator Hunt Results

Post by LeviM »

Thanks again to everyone :D
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I see that a couple of the coyotes heads are not in the picture!! In the real picture it is there. I might need to downsize the pics to fit the screen.
Chris Lyon

DOUBLE LUNG
coyotehunter

Post by DOUBLE LUNG »

Sounds like a great hunt and there are still alot out there.
Handing out Lollipops or Dirt Naps. Looks like we are all out of Lollipops.
Ilike2shoot

Post by Ilike2shoot »

My thanks to all the guys (and gal) for the hospitality. This was the first tourney for Mike and I (this is Cory), and while we did cuss the wind all day, we had a good time and enjoyed talking to all of the others. Sure are glad we were not the only team to get skunked, as we were feeling pretty embarrassed (and noobish) by the time we rolled in for final check in....at least we can laugh about it now. We will definitely be back again, we both appreciated the way things were run, and the attitudes of all involved.

P.S. The warm food was much appreciated by the end of the night, so give the chef my thanks.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Thanks for coming out, its good to meet new people that enjoy coyote hunting. never feel embarrased checking in with nothing, I have done that more than once myself! They call it hunting for a reason
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Welcome aboard Cory!!!! i hope we will see you in future tournaments. Never feel embarrassed about checking in nothing. There were many tournaments where levi and i checked in nothing. Take the classic last year for example; we only checked in one mangy coyote in 2 days of hunting :oops:
Chris Lyon

rhino
coyotehunter

Post by rhino »

I too want to applaud Chris and Levi for running the tournament nicely. It was a great time even though we didn't see a thing. I have never hunted coyotes in a hurricane. :lol:

Terry,
Tell your wife thanks for the food. It was great to have a warm meal after a blustery day. And also thanks for hosting this tournament it is great to have a tournament close to home.

Thanks also goes to coyotehunter for making these tournaments possible. I love hunting coyotes in tournaments when there is rules. It is the way it should be.

Hope there is a tournament next year. I will be there.

Garrett Volk
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Nov. 01, 2008

Coyotehunter.net Minot Predator Hunt

The 2st Annual Minot Predator Hunt offered prize money and plaques to the teams that brought in the most number of coyotes. The largest coyote taken was by Jesse Suckut and Damon Finley at 36.50 pounds awarding them $110. The smallest was taken by Marty and Luke Oyloe they received $110 for this 23.35 pound coyote. First place this year went to Jesse Suckut (Velva, ND) and Damon Finley (Harvey, ND). Jesse and Damon brought in a total of six coyotes, and were awarded $144 and plaques. Second place went to the father and son team of Marty and Luke Oyloe (Williston, ND) for bringing in 2 coyotes and was awarded $120 and a plaque. Third place went went to Thomas Carson (Thief River Falls, MN) and John Bohnenkamp (Thief River Falls, MN) taking Home $96 and a plaques.

I would like to thank Terry and Carrie Bush of Ambush Kennels for letting us use their hunting shack for the check-ins and also for providing the food. Great place you have out there. Thanks to everyone for coming out. See you all again next year.
Attachments
1st place plaque.jpg
1st place plaque.jpg (56.92 KiB) Viewed 23368 times
Coyotes Forever
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Very nice looks live everyone had a blast and had some good hunting for some! great job guys
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Well those of you that came to the Minot hunt know this place, its our other farm (lodge) Now we can hunt ducks anywhere,...." like from the house" :lol: 2.3 inches of rain so far on top of flood water :( :D
Attachments
lodge 4-30-09 001edit.jpg
lodge 4-30-09 001edit.jpg (99.07 KiB) Viewed 22224 times
lodge 4-30-09 004edit.jpg
lodge 4-30-09 004edit.jpg (117.84 KiB) Viewed 22223 times
a proud member of the "IF" team
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Wow Terry! Any damage to the house or any outbuildings?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Ya I was keeping the house sand bagged but gave up and pulled out the furnace and water heater last night... I fig let it fill up and worry about it later, the butchering building/skinning shed in forground still ok, the back of the barn flooded and I moved all my birds to the front part afew days ago. can't wait duck season, and looking for the shipment of muskrats to arrive from SD :lol: :lol:
a proud member of the "IF" team
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

LOL

Those musrats will do very well with all that water!
Last edited by LeviM on Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Wow. :shock: