air skinner

Do you have questions or tips to share on putting up your fur, this is the place to go

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

papapete
coyotehunter

air skinner

Post by papapete »

Have you guys seen this thing.

airskinner.com

I am going to sharpen a basketball needle and try it on my next one. I am really curious to see if this helps any.
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: air skinner

Post by lyonch »

I have seen the website, and i'm not 100% sold!! If you give it an attempt let us know how it went. Im sure the first one will go slow for you, but hopefully you are able to try it on more than one coyote that day :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
1Shooter
coyotehunter

Post by 1Shooter »

Looks like a whole bunch of BS to me...first of all, wouldn't all the air seep out through the HOLE put in the skin from the harvesting of the animal? Also, on that website, they don't show how hard or easy the animal was to skin after going through this process. Let us know how it goes though if you try it! Shoot, for all I know, this could be the miracle product for this century. Just my $0.02 I guess.
Savage 12 .22-250
(As of 4/18/10)
Gopher - 2
Skunk - 2
Coon - 10
Possum - 1
Fox - 2
Coyotes - 2
Beaver - 1
Ermine - 1
Muskrat - 19
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Been there done that on multiple animals after watching the guy on the ELK video do it. I tried it on multiple animals while working for a taxidermy studio. It doesn't help skin any easier AT ALL! All id does is blow the coyote up real good and then when the air leaks back out into your skinning shed it leaves a nice aroma! :shock:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Im sure that aroma really attracts the opposite sex too :lol: :lol: I think the worse thing i have ever smelled in my life was raccoon guts :shock: I'm sure the guy is making a alot of money too because he is smart with his advertising.
Chris Lyon

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

lyonch wrote:Im sure that aroma really attracts the opposite sex too :lol: :lol: I think the worse thing i have ever smelled in my life was raccoon guts :shock: I'm sure the guy is making a alot of money too because he is smart with his advertising.
The worst smell are green coyotes! Damn, a guy forgets that smell over the summer, but it hits you hard every season.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I love the smell of green coyotes in the morning..............................its the smell of victory!! 8) :lol:
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I love the smell of green coyotes in the morning..............................its the smell of victory!!
Same here, i keep a jar with some green coyote stomach in it and pop it open evey mourning before work.. :shock:
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Tim Anderson wrote:
I love the smell of green coyotes in the morning..............................its the smell of victory!!
Same here, i keep a jar with some green coyote stomach in it and pop it open evey mourning before work.. :shock:
I don't know what to say............................................ :lol:

the air hose skinning does help you at all. I have tried it a few times and the big hole from the bullet is a obvious problem. skin then hot, doesn't get any easier than that.
Coyotes Forever
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i've never peeled one hot so if your out in the field i would think some of those disposable trap stakes/wedges that the fur shed sells would be a big help if there were no trees or fenceposts to tie onto. wrap a snare cable around each back foot. stick them wedges in the ground 12 inches apart and there you have a handy pulling platform. don't know if this has been done but seems it would work in a pinch
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Only problem is frozen ground. the best way is too make yourself a quick connect pole for a bumber or box on the pickup that you can throw up. I have one that i didn't put a lot of time into and certainly wasn't perfected but it works.

Chris you have kind of a cadailac skinner built for the pickup don't you?

BNB in your country dealing with fox they take about minute and a half to skin hot i would definetly put something together for you pickup.

Once you peel hot you'll never go back.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Yeah i have one. I have been asked by a few people now to post dimensions of the skinner and how i built, so be prepared that in a future post it might be a long one with a lot of pics.
Chris Lyon

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I believe it's posted somewhere on here already isn't it? You might be able to cut and paste or just bring it back to the top.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Here is a pic of my set up with a coon being skun. I will take some close up pics with some dimensions and post those.

Chris Lyon

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

great pics thanks for putting them up Chris