Nafa

Who was the buyer, animal type, average paid?

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

LeviM
coyotehunter

Nafa

Post by LeviM »

I attached a link from NAFA website, trying to explain why furs are not selling. It seems like they are trying to blame Russias economy, which can be link with our economy. I personally think next year could be worse than this year, if thats even possible. I am keeping my eyes open for the sales results, they haven't been posted yet. It sounded like big coon sold pretty decent

http://www.nafa.ca/communications/Trapp ... -02-23.pdf
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: Nafa

Post by lyonch »

Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

I just had an interesting discussion with an old Mn hunting,fishing buddy who still traps quite a bit.I assume he was talking about the same auction as you guys are but here's a few things he mentioned:
1.Only 40 of his 100 beavers sold.He averaged $17.In 08 he sold 100% and averaged $29.In 07 he sold 100% and averaged $35.In 06 he sold 100% and averaged $39.
2.He had about 20 Otter-all large and xtra large.They all sold and he averaged $37.He said ever since China 'left'the otter market it had sucked but at least they all sold.The last year China was 'in' the market,he averaged $179.
3.He's not trapping coyotes="no money in it at all for the effort."Then said,"Dick,I hate to say this but my friends at the auction expect it to get worse,not better.Not only are small buyers out of the market,but the big buyers can't get credit anywhere."
He may set a few traps 'just for enjoyment'but you simply can't afford to trap for $$ anymore.'It doesn't pencil out.'

True?Don't know but this guy has been there forever. :(
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i've heard very similar stories as well. the coyote market sees to be the worst. still remeber the days when a good red was 70-90 and coyotes 80-100 :( :( :(
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Here is a new idea that NAFA has set forth. The results are at the end of the second link. I hope this is the start of something good. The only problem i see with this is that they only sold top quality goods. Only March sale will tell the truth in my opinion.

http://nafa.ca/auction/archive/NAFA_2010-01-13_WFPT.pdf

http://nafa.ca/auction/archive/NAFA_2010-01_WF.pdf
Chris Lyon

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i wonder if my minnesota dogs will make the top lot :?: :lol:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

bucksnbears wrote:i wonder if my minnesota dogs will make the top lot :?: :lol:
LOL :lol:

I needed a good giggle today!!!

The red fox on the other hand is a different story!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Levi, i left you 2 messages after i got home from my hunt out west. i was going to give you my fox and coyotes but you did'nt return my call :? so i gave them to another guy. :P now i wished i had,nt with fur prices maybe inching up
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I got one message, I have was busy with work and getting ready for the classic, I didnt know which was up that whole week. Hopefully things settle down agian!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

WOW Cloudy mind!! Dave is going to "give" you money and you were "busy" LOLOLOLOL just wait tell that "carpet climber" arrives you don't know what busy is yet my friend :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Prairie Ghost wrote:WOW Cloudy mind!! Dave is going to "give" you money and you were "busy" LOLOLOLOL just wait tell that "carpet climber" arrives you don't know what busy is yet my friend :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
LOL :D

My mind wasnt cloudy, I was buy getting ready for the classic!!!!!!!!!! Reloading, organizing, packing, researching, ect, ect,ect. Somewhere works falls in there!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Here are some interesting things that NAFA is doing to help promote wild fur sales. I think this is a great idea and will help promote the sale of wild fur :D Nothing better than to hold a competition!!

http://www.nafa.ca/news/NAFA_PR_2010-01 ... eijing.pdf

http://www.nafa.ca/trapper/Market_Updat ... FA_Cup.pdf

i hope they aren't blowing smoke up everyones backside on this last one trying to get them to send there fur to NAFA!!!

http://www.nafa.ca/communications/NAFA_ ... -01-18.pdf
Chris Lyon

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

talked to Dusty at the fur shed today .he was up to the aucton this past weekend. things went real good for the most part. the very best coyotes went great (up to 130$ ) the next best were around 60$. rats were around 10$. beaver were a bit disapointing. Mitch, (wherever you are) should have a good paycheck :wink:
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

ya it sounds good, now we will have to see what next fall brings
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Good to hear!!!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!