Finally got out on the prowl!!!!

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

The Outdoorsman
coyotehunter

Finally got out on the prowl!!!!

Post by The Outdoorsman »

I know this is a little late, but now that my job is safely over in India and I have started my new job (with lack of internet ability right now) its been tough to get on here. Back on the weekend of the 8th and 9th of this month, I took my cousins son with me to sneak around the properties in the fresh snow we got. We started out walking the road that boarders our property and made our way up a trail leading into the property quietly, we got settled on a hillside and was overlooking a creekbottom and another hillside. I waited about 5 or 6 mins after we got situated and pulled out my Ruffydawg coaxer and started a series of rabbit distress calling. I stopped and waited to see what would happen. within less than a min after I stopped, I noticed movement from the other hillside about 120yds out coming in our direction. All was going well early. :D He made his way down across the creekbottom and off to my right. I can tell he is trying to circle downwind of me and when he was in some thick brush, I moved to my right to get a better shooting position. He popped out and headed for the trail we were on and I lipped squeeked him and got him to stop. I wasnt in the best position to shoot and he stopped between two trees. Then "dummy" hit me and I forgot to squeeze the trigger, needless to say he lived to see another day. :evil: What can I say, I got excited. Day started off good and that was it, didnt see another coyote the rest of that day (5 stands total) or the next morning (6 stands total). But it was good to get out.
Tbush
coyotehunter

Re: Finally got out on the prowl!!!!

Post by Tbush »

Coyote fever :lol:
a proud member of the "IF" team
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Finally got out on the prowl!!!!

Post by bucksnbears »

Tbush wrote:Coyote fever :lol:
been there, done that :lol: :lol: at least it happened early on so you know it will work again :) good to have you back. :wink:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."