Minot Predator Hunt 06'

Coyotehunter.net will be holding a 1- day coyote hunting tournament in Minot, ND 13 October 2012

Moderator: Coyotehunter

Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

So Jamie hows it lookin for Minot. Kinda curious as to how many teams didnt think alot of people around there predator hunt. I'm still coming thats gotta make ya feel good. LOL :lol:
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

it will be just me and you buddy. LOL I have a few entries sitting here and a few teams have called and said they would be hooking up with me friday night.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Well then we can hunt together. LOL we will just hunt all weekend.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

check out the photo I just posted it is a picture of 4 bears behind my house.
Doc

Post by Doc »

There is someone in every crowd! Jamie, let me know how many people will be there for the Minot Tourney and I will bring donuts. Looking forward to the day.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Well Jamie I am pumped. I am ready for Sat. I have my camo all washed up and sprayed with Dead Down Wind. I have been putting some camo tape on my gun as well and it sucks. What a guy won't do to shoot some coyotes huh. Hopefully we call some in and my trusty .220 swift don't let me down. If you need anything let me know I will be heading up around 4-4:30 on friday. :D
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

If you have that coyote skull laying around that I left in Balta last year, I could use that in the morning for the rules meeting.
1 shot
coyotehunter

Post by 1 shot »

Well, how did the tourny go?
He was running around where he shouldn't have
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Everything went well, I will try to get pictures and results posted tonight.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

News Release . . . For Immediate Release . . . Oct. 30, 2006

Coyotehunter.net Minot Predator Hunt

The 1st Annual Minot Predator Hunt offered prize money and plaques to the teams that brought in the most number of coyotes. 14 teams entered at $40 per team and competed for $900 in prize money and plaques.
The largest coyote taken was by Tim Thiel and John Bertolotto at 35.13 pounds awarding them $100. The smallest was taken by Tim and Damon Finley they received $100 for this 22.10 pound coyote. First place this year went to Tim Thiel and John Bertolotto, Tim and John brought in a total of seven coyotes, and were awarded $168 and plaques. Second place went to Travis Bush for bringing in 5 coyotes. He was awarded $140 and a plaque. Jamie P. Olson bringing in 4 coyotes (4:45 pm) won third place. Taking Home $112 and a plaque. Tim and Damon Finley brought in four coyotes (6:50 pm), putting them in fourth place and earning them $84. And finally, fifth place went to Terry and Jayce Bush for 1 yote (6:45) . They won $56.

I would like to thank Terry and Carrie Bush of Ambush Kennels for letting me use their hunting shack for the check-ins and also for providing the food. Great place you have out there. Thanks to everyone for coming out. See you all again next year.

First place with 7 coyote was Tim Thiel and John Bertolotto

Second place taking 5 coyotes was Travis Bush

Jamie P Olson brought in 4 (lost number 5)praire wolves to snag 3rd place with a check in time of 4:45 pm

Tim and Damon Finley took 4th place with 4 coyotes and a check in time of 6:50 pm

Terry Bush and Jace Bush (12) shot this coyote with a check in time of 6:45 to take 5th place

Last edited by Coyotehunter on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
220 Swift

Post by 220 Swift »

Looks like you had a good contest. Are there any Coyotes left in North Dakota now? :lol:
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Great job on the tourney Jamie I had a blast. Nice to go to tournements where everyone is friendly and no matter if you shot a coyote or not nobody criticised you for it. How about Terry Bush what a nice guy not just him but his whole family what a great bunch hope to see them up in Balta this year. Well later man :D
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

yeah it was great to see Terry with his whole family there. He came over Sunday while I was skinning and we chewed the fat. Nice guy. He spent 3 years working for a fur house down by the cities and trapped full time back in the early 80's. It was great talking shop with him.