Minot Predator Hunt 27 February 2010

Coyotehunter.net will be holding a 1- day coyote hunting tournament in Minot, ND 13 October 2012

Moderator: Coyotehunter

ilike2hunt
coyotehunter

Re: Minot Predator Hunt 27 February 2010

Post by ilike2hunt »

Well thanks for pointing out that one of the teams didn't bring anything in (2 years in a row now) !@#$% The 2 of us will never again hunt coyote in deep snow without snowshoes...an hour+ to make it 300 yards to check what turned out to be a miss and get back to the truck was ridiculous and frustrating, and I'm still pretty stiff and sore. I have decided that a 5'6" guy trying to plow snow while sinking nearly chest deep climbing a hill is plenty good enough reason to invest in snowshoes, so my debate on that subject is now over. Otherwise, we both had a good time and saw lots of dogs we just couldn't get to. The tourney was run well, and the food and BS was great afterwards even though we didn't get to stick around very long.

Our thanks to all involved, and we hope to be able to hunt a few tourneys (more than just Minot) with you all next year.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

likes2hunt2, if your going to get snowshoes, get a pair a bit bigger than what you think you'll need. . here's a pic of the BIG male i called out of a cornfield on the way home. he has a super thick hair. he and another came full bore to rabbit distress in an area where there was a big herd of deer. Image
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

ilike2hunt, thanks for coming out! it was good to see you guys again! Dont feel bad for not shooting any, the snow conditions and the way the coyotes were reacting made it a tough day!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
snareit
coyotehunter

Post by snareit »

sorry we had to miss the hunt sitting at work on sat. was not easy Mitch could have missed the game then he would not have been part of the give away they handed to ray
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Marty, Hopefully next year you can make it. The calling conditions were excellent except for some fog, Mitch and yourself would of killed some dogs!!!

Bucks that is one BIG dog! Did you keep all those dogs?
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

nope, i only kept 2 out of the 9 i got. 1 had mange real bad, 2 got blown up ,1 was to far from the vehicle and i did'nt have my sled. 2 were for the tourney and 1 stayed ahead of me wounded and i just coul'nt catch up to it. (i ran out of bullets.).which is good because i would have caved in the roof of my subaru :lol: got some pretty strange looks from people passing me on the interstate :lol: :mrgreen: .
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

[quote="bucksnbears" got some pretty strange looks from people passing me on the interstate :lol: :mrgreen: .[/quote]

Nah you had MN plates...they understood I'm sure. :wink:

Sounds like you had a good weekend then! Can't wait to see the results. Looked like a nice weekend for calling!
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I finished skinning the coyotes last night and everything looked good. All the information will be submitted to jamie shortly so he can post the final results. thanks to everyone who came out and participated in the hunt. For only 8 teams there were 15 coyotes and one fox shot. The same main core group of guys were there hunting the tournament and here is the reasoning i hunt against these guys and dont feel cheated; after skinning every coyote and checking shot placements, bladders, and gutting big dog, there was no indication whatsoever showing any coyote being run down. There was only one coyote that had a hole in it's ass and that was because the bullet exited there. All the other coyotes were shot either in the head or chest. If there was a coyote shot from the backside, there was no clear evidence stating that it was, because every bladder had urine in it. Also there were a lot more females shot then i originally thought. I dont have an exact count, but i know it was over half.

Tbush, if your friend John would like his bullet from his first double, just let me know. I have it sitting in my fur shed.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Just got back last night rom the bad lands in western ND, We left sun after the tourny lots of fog and lots of coyotes heard :? but not many takers, some just would not come some would just leave and a few came in and died :D they are coming in real slow and it takes 2-3 times longer on stand, It was all for fun and now back to work and shooting coyotes around home. I have 2 behind my house and been watching them for 2 weeks to learn what I can :D but they'll get hunted next week when they are done breeding? ANY how thanks for a great tournament and great weather always fun to BS with all you guys :D .....Oh ya. and KICK YOUR ASS!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
a proud member of the "IF" team
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Tbush wrote: .....Oh ya. and KICK YOUR ASS!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL Terry!! :lol: :lol:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

You get the title Mr. February for a reason Terry :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Chris Lyon

snareit
coyotehunter

Post by snareit »

where is the results at
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I will get them up. been busy killing coyotes this week, checking equipment. ended up with 12 coyotes, 2 fox, and a bunch of other stuff. good week. I will try to get them up tonight.
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Coyotehunter has been really busy lately, so i will post some preliminary results.

1st place checking in 4 coyotes goes to Travis Bush

2nd Place checking in 3 coyotes goes to Terry Bush and John Noonan with a total weight of 79.36 lbs.

3rd Place checking in 3 coyotes goes to Josh Christian and Dillan Heinze with a total weight of 68.84lbs

Big Dog goes to John Noonan (beating out Travis Bush by .09 lbs) with a total weight of 31.28 lbs

Little Dog goes to Travis Bush with a total weight of 17.48 lbs.

Thanks to all the teams that participiated. There were a total of 8 teams that participated in the hunt and seen 83 coyotes. There were a total of 18 coyotes shot with only 15 of them being returned to check in's. My hats off to the team that admited there coyotes (3 of them) were not taken within tournament rules so they left them lay where they shot them. A huge thanks needs to go out to Carrie Bush for all the great food she provided after the hunt. Terry thanks for letting levi and i stay at your place again and holding the tournament there. It was a great time by all and next time you come to the minot hunt, we can all let you in on the inside joke of "schmidt beer = a coyote in every can" :lol: :lol: See you guys next year!! Maybe when there is grass instead of snow :wink:
Chris Lyon

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Chris and myself also shot 3 coyotes, we just shot little coyotes!!! Or Travis was reading the scale wrong! :mrgreen:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"