Wolves In Minnesota

The Gray Wolf (Canis Lupus) is the most widely distributed large carnivore in the northern hemisphere.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

lyonch
coyotehunter

Wolves In Minnesota

Post by lyonch »

See the link below. It's going to be a while yet, but at least we are making a step forward.

http://news.dnr.state.mn.us/index.php/2 ... a-reality/
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Wolves In Minnesota

Post by bucksnbears »

i do hope they open a season soon. i happen to know where 2 are :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Well it will have to get cleared through the Feds, and i bet we have to redo the 5 year waiting period :evil: At first im sure it will be dealt with on a case by case bases with the state trappers. I think with a couple other states taking the lead on the wolf management practice, it shouldn't be hard for minnesota to follow :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

I'll be coming your way when they do open it up to hunting. That is one of my life goals. If they don't open it to out of staters, then i'll just have to go to Alaska then.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I dont see it happing, I wish it would, but there are too many tree huggers in the way
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

yeah there are a lot of stump jumpers in MN.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Lot easier,cheaper and quicker to just go to Ontario.Few weeks ago I sent some on here pics of a wolf a friend shot there.2 guys,2 wolves,4 days.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Dcoy wrote:Lot easier,cheaper and quicker to just go to Ontario.Few weeks ago I sent some on here pics of a wolf a friend shot there.2 guys,2 wolves,4 days.
you buy and i'll go :P .
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
204sniper
coyotehunter

Post by 204sniper »

As long as the judicial branch of the government is allowed to tell the USFWS how to do their jobs (because apparently judges and lawyers know how to manage wolves better than biologists :roll: ) it won't happen anytime soon. :evil: They're gonna have to do this as by-the-book as possible if it's gonna have a snowball's chance in hell of actually working, because it's gonna meet up with a lot of resistence in the form of lawsuits again. I've been preaching for years that we need to take the general public out of the equation when it comes to wildlife management because the know-nothings far out number the people with any practical knowledge of the situation. Remember, it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.
- Jeffrey Emerson

Close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades....

Only YOU can prevent wildfires, which is good, because I've got things to do.

"That'll learn ya."
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Bucs,
We might have to do that.License about $250 if I recall.Bowhunted bear there for years til they closed their Spring season and still hunt deer there quite a bit-no shortage of proven wolf spots.In fact,I'm sure you recall the video posted here of me mouth calling them.Hell,with my voice,should only take us a few minutes. :shock:
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Dcoy wrote: ,I'm sure you recall the video posted here of me mouth calling them.Hell,with my voice,should only take us a few minutes. :shock:
or chase em into quebec :lol: :lol: :P . i do know that they are populating ares in minn. that no one considers wolf country. however with all the standing corn the past 2 winters, they had plenty of hiding spots. once we return to normal falls when the crops all get off, i don;t see them standing a chance in this part of mn.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I'm possibly heading to Ontario next year on a Wolf Hunt i wish i would have went a few years ago when the tags were only $50 a piece instead of $250 :evil:
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

how does one get it across the boarder??? Legally that is. Does the 250 account for the cites tages? I'd love to go over to Ontario and pinch a few.

xdeano
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

I'll get the info and post it.Today if I can reach them.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Xdeano,
My guy is back in Canada shed hunting.Might be home tonight-never know about him though.Family member said 'no problem' getting back into the States.Just some paper work at the border.(I'm guessing they'll hit a guy with some 'export permit' though.Used to be $25.)
I'll get complete info from him,whenever he returns.