1st CLOSE encounter

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

wNyOte29
coyotehunter

1st CLOSE encounter

Post by wNyOte29 »

ok I gotta share this one

ok so i got home from work at about 615 ish today so i quickly get dressed and get all my gear on get to my spot on the edge of a field by 645 ish so i start out with a distress call about 5 10 min after i get to my spot so through out the 2 1/2 hrs im out there i don't hear or see anything just enough moon light to see about 100 yds so i haven't called for about 25 min { i didn't dress to warm } so now im gettin cold so I get out of the tree stand and walk about 10 yds from the wood line and fig make 1 more howel wait wait nothing then the woods to my east { about 40 yds away } erupts with 5 or maybe 6 coyotes howling like crazy and it sounds like there commin and commin fast { we have about a foot and a half of snow with a light crust on top so anything walking was pretty loud } so i see the first one at the edge so instinctively I pick up and shoot { im shooting a 222 and I lost the one and only clip I had } so now im like WTF that coyote turns and runs south @ 100mph now the rest of them wont stop howling freaked the shit right outa me none the less after fumbling to get another shell in it all stops and the woods was silent i get back to my house & I have a missed call from the farmers property i hunt " did you get the fucker " i called him back with a sad no . Have any of you had one of them earey moments coyote hunting not gona lie that was a little crazy but a dam good rush ...........
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: 1st CLOSE encounter

Post by bucksnbears »

good story 8)
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Good story. a memory you will never forget. Your right it is rush! 8)
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Its almost like they'er after you :shock: ya I can relate.... a piece of advise would be not to go into a tree stand and call, They can see you to easy and pin point you :wink:
a proud member of the "IF" team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Night hunting is a lot of fun, but when they howl and they are close, it's like a bull elk bugling right in your face :shock:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Very Cool story been there done that usually takes an hour or two to come down from it.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

very cool story. Yep the first time I had five come in and they about ran me over I nearly had my heart pop out of my mouth. Great story.
Coyotes Forever