Found some coyotes!

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

1Shooter
coyotehunter

Re: Found some coyotes!

Post by 1Shooter »

I hear what you're sayin' Opimax90, I'm just further exploring the topic. I don't plan on having a dog for a few years at the earliest and know that there's alot of coyotes out there for me to shoot up between now and then and for years to come. I plan on hitting 'em hard this fall and winter and getting some fur too put at my feet. Dead fur. I'm not here to say that one way works better than another or that I know better than these other guys, because right now, I don't! I just like to see other people's thoughts on different subjects and what works for other folks. I'm definitely not here to test people's patience. I just like to get opinions. I throw out questions, thoughts or ideas I may have for someday down the road just to see what other people think of them.
Savage 12 .22-250
(As of 4/18/10)
Gopher - 2
Skunk - 2
Coon - 10
Possum - 1
Fox - 2
Coyotes - 2
Beaver - 1
Ermine - 1
Muskrat - 19
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: Found some coyotes!

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Questions are always welcome.

Optimax good post most people don't realize what it takes to raise coyote dogs and just when to use them and leave them at home. In YOUR situation a dog is a bad idea. They cost money and can be a pain for you and your neighbors if you can't work them so It's nice to see that you figured that out. I hate seeing a good Cur, Dorn, or tracking hound sitting in a kennel or at the end of it's chain it's whole life and getting used three days a year. If you want a companion get a lab.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!