had a ball!!!

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

had a ball!!!

Post by bucksnbears »

after taking 2 trips out to wyoming this spring hunting with prairie ghost, i thought i'd try it on my own this past weekend. just me and Tucker. what a ball it was :D i did just as P.G. did and used only howling and pup distrees sounds.talking to the ranchers i know out there, they were MORE than happy to let me in after coyotes. one rancher has 4000 acres and that where i spent most of the time. it was windy so i would walk and call about every mile. this is all rolling pasture land. with Tucker being brite white, he really stuck out.the coyotes were very responsive to the call and after seeing Tuck, they came in real nice :D over-all i walked about 13-14 miles and seen 14 coyotes.killing 6 and losing 2 for shure, maybe 3. Tuck had no interest in trailing a wounded coyote, even after making him smell blood :( over-all it was a fantastic time and i will encourage everone to try it :D . the coyotes were really concentrated around water but the mosquitoe's were to :shock: :shock: i may go out again with the wife this weekend again for another go :) thanks again P.G. for the lessons :D i had a great time with you and learned allot 8)Image
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: had a ball!!!

Post by lyonch »

Sounds like someone had a little fun :D I would have wore the purple pants though :lol: :lol: :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i don't think a rancher would let some fat hairy guy with purple pants hunt :lol:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I sure wish i could have been with you Bucs!! My sister brought her boyfriend and a couple of his friends up this past weekend and i took them bass fishing since that's what they wanted to do and i will post pics in another spot :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

ahhh, what the hell :shock: bass are more important than mangy coyotes anyway :P if you had been with, i'dda been hugging you instead of tucker :? was in a nasty storm :shock: thought i was in a tornado :shock: the .blaser was rockin n rollin :shock: :shock: told tuck good-bye a few times :oops: :oops: . had Way more fun doing it this way than just distress calling in the winter :)
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

called up a couple ranchers that have let me hunt in the past. seems there are coyote evrywhere. Denise and i are gonna give it a try on sat-sun if the weather looks good. ... and before anyone opens there pie hole....no!!!! the blazer won't be rockin n rollin :mrgreen: