Coursing With Dogs

Coursing means the high speed pursuit of game (or a subsitute for game such as an artificial lure) by a predator hunting primarily by sight. If you have stories, pictures, question or discussions on 'sighthounds' or 'gazehounds' post it here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: Coursing With Dogs

Post by lyonch »

coyotehunterOK59 wrote:"Dog ripping apart Dog" sure the coyote is in the K-nine family but ever coyote I have cought you couldn't even tell that is was killed by a dog it was not ripped apart at all.

This is no different than if a pair of coyotes are protecting there territory and get a hold of another coyote trying to intrude.

When you get a chance, post some pics of the dogs in action.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Just another tool in my opinion some people are for it and some people against. I've found that with dogs it's not about the "kill" it's about watching your dogs work and taking pride in their training
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I would like to see some grey hounds run down a coyote were it is legal. I just love watching dogs work. to many fences in my area were I live now in Wyoming. Lots of woven wire and 5 strand barbed.
Coyotes Forever
coyotehunterOK59

Post by coyotehunterOK59 »

This fall and winter when it is cold enough to run the dogs I plan on making video of the dogs in persuit of a coyote, I will post them here and on utube as well, I will be able to show all the critics that the coyote has that chance of getting away, and that if it is caught it is not ripped apart
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

coyotehunterOK59 wrote:This fall and winter when it is cold enough to run the dogs I plan on making video of the dogs in persuit of a coyote, I will post them here and on utube as well, I will be able to show all the critics that the coyote has that chance of getting away, and that if it is caught it is not ripped apart
we look foward to seeing the video
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

that would be great
Coyotes Forever
coyotehunterOK59

Post by coyotehunterOK59 »

It is all about the dogs working, very exciting watching the dogs run, and yes we get to guess which dog will be the one to catch it, but we dont bet on it like at the track. Sometimes the coyote wins, and the fastest dogs looses, many time we have been out ran. Remember the coyote is already at a dead run before we have a chance to let the dogs out of the dog box so it has a good head start. That is what it is all about, the chase not the kill
Skinny Indian
coyotehunter

Post by Skinny Indian »

coyotehunterOK59 wrote:. That is what it is all about, the chase not the kill
I have heard it said "You kill to hunt, not hunt to kill"
Keep your powder dry.