MT Anti-Trapping Initiative

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

barebackjack
coyotehunter

MT Anti-Trapping Initiative

Post by barebackjack »

MT trappers could use some help defeating this crap. Initiative 160, the Montana Trap-Free Public Land Act Initiative, which would make trapping on public lands in MT illegal.

http://www.noon160.com/
LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: MT Anti-Trapping Initiative

Post by LeviM »

Thats a bunch of bulls&%t!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Good luck making that happen in montana :roll:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

I dont know lyonch, theres plenty of transplanted yuppies with "seasonal citizenship" from California in the mountains. Look at their governer and what he's done.

Theres a reason most of the people in the Eastern 1/5th of the state would just as soon become part of ND. :D
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Chris from what i have heard this is a very real threat in MT.

Voting majority like here is in the cities, the neutral middle make or break it.

One bad pic. or one dead or crippled dog on a TV could make it happen.

I heard it will be a very close vote if the rural people don't get out and vote.
Randy Roede
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I have always looked at montana as the last frontier of a guy being able to go out and do what our founding fathers did. If that passes in montana i think the rest of the world will be in a serious hurt for trapping in general. I know minnesota is going ass backwards right now and its redicoulus some of the things we need to follow. The one thing i don't ever get is my trapping license money and hunting is what helps provide this property to the general public and game management. If that passes in montana then any trapping money should be watched where it goes. I must have underestimated this issue. All a guy can do is keep spreading the word about it and hope some of our local trapping association go out there and help support montana trappers!
Chris Lyon

barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

I think you need to go to the western mountain regions of MT than and see what its become.

Robert Redford made "the mountains" cool for the california yuppies in the 70's, they came, they ruined.

My sister lived in Bozeman for 4 years, they call them "granolas". The spawn of 60's era hippies, liberals to the core, anti-gun, anti-hunting, anti-trapping. Living in a koombaya world of marshmallow clouds and bunny rabbits.

Like MN and the liberal hordes of the cities, they have a lot of pull. Al Franken, Obama? Come on, you know area wise 2/3rds of MN didnt vote for either of them, but the populated areas did. And thats what matters.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

My brother lived in Missoula for 5 yrs and i visited there what a granola tree hugger that city has become!! There was people everywhere riding bikes in town with signs on them or their bikes that said "save a tree ride a bike" That is probably the most liberal tree hugger city i have ever visited and it's the headquarters for RMEF and Boone and Crockett i believe!! They need to make sure they are involved and get out and vote up there or it WILL pass.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I always thought of MT as the manly man's state, not a bunch of greenies running around.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

It's trendy to wear patagonia and North Face and ride a mountain bike though thats where the problem comes from.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Did anyone sign up or join the link above? It is free and just something we can all do to help out!
Chris Lyon

barebackjack
coyotehunter

Post by barebackjack »

EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Yep its a victory but it is just going to make them fight harder. The thing that wins elections and even ballot measures is $. What they spent is a drop in the bucket. Just hope they don't get Bob Barker involved. If you've seen the show whale wars you'll understnd. :evil:
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
1Shooter
coyotehunter

Post by 1Shooter »

LeviM wrote:I always thought of MT as the manly man's state...
No offense MT guys, just gotta pass this on. A buddy of mine said this at work the other day: "Montana, where the men are men and the sheep are nervous..." :lol:

People need to wake up and smell the coffee! If folks think that trapping is inhumane, I'd like to see them watch animals suffer from disease and get killed slowly because of it. Then they'd know how humane trapping and hunting are to animals. As long as the trapper is doing his part at the end of the chain, the critter on the other end should be doin' just fine.
Savage 12 .22-250
(As of 4/18/10)
Gopher - 2
Skunk - 2
Coon - 10
Possum - 1
Fox - 2
Coyotes - 2
Beaver - 1
Ermine - 1
Muskrat - 19
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Look what happened in Arizona. They are doing there best to shut down thunder basin right now. forest services is closing roads and putting up locked gates. praire dogs and black footed ferrets are part of the argument right now.
Coyotes Forever