Wolves In Minnesota

The Gray Wolf (Canis Lupus) is the most widely distributed large carnivore in the northern hemisphere.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: Wolves In Minnesota

Post by lyonch »

Thanks for the update Dcoy!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Border isn't an issue with your tags from Ontario
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Ok,here's a short version of whats involved.Short cause CITES does require meticulous following of procedures and my friend said under no circumstances go there to get a wolf without first talking to a USFand Wildlife expert on the Treaty.
Anyway you need a $245 non res wolf license and a $95 dollar small game.If you get a wolf,absolutely,correctly affix your tag in the nose(as per license info).Then you go to the Ontario wildlife people and get your CITES permit(about $4).Make sure its filled out completely and properly.Then to the border and deal with the Canadian side first.They inspect etc and end up keeping one of your 3 copies.Then to the US border people.Inspection and they keep the second copy(your wolf can be whole or skun but your filled out permit must say which),then to your Taxidermist who keeps your tag,permit and third copy.
All 'Is' dotted and 'Ts' crossed is what it takes.No shortcuts or errors or you'll have very serious problems.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

No shortage of the SOBs.Hear em howling regularly behind the cabin and the deer are crowding me and I know why.Saw another on an island as well.Got my lab with me and I watch him pretty close.
Little sidenote:Black Bears on the lake and its 14,000 islands been scarce the last few years but clearly are making a comeback.We had a massive mayfly hatch and many shorelines have inches of the dead ones piled up-whew,what a stink-but boy them bears love it.Candy to them.
Good hunting.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

all good info
Coyotes Forever
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

about wolves... in the past 3 weeks i've SEEN 8. satturday morning at about 7:am. i seen 2 big ones running along a hay field. there were a couple of magpies flying around so i figgered there was something dead. i walked out and found a nice 2.5 year old buck dead. it was still warm. later that day, i took Denise to show her and the carcass had been dragged another 25-30 feet. i went there at the same time this am and there was not muchleft and they had dragged it a litlle farther towards the brush. 3 weeks ago, i think i seen the same 2 on a buddies propery about 3 miles away. he has a remote alfalfa field that normally has piles of deer but when wolves move in the deer get out. Image Image Image
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

deer didnt have a chance
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

I find it amazing that one such critter is destroying our hunting as we know it :x And all these greenies that want to save the wolves don't really know what they are doing to small towns that survive on sportsman in the fall.. Without any deer /elk in the picture there goes the hunters and the small towns that thrive on them/us....
I was just out in montana scouting for an upcoming elk hunt, and we talked to a FWP guy out there. I asked him if there were any coyotes in the area ( of course that is on the top of list) he said there were lots of them in the area, and also a couple of people said they have seen wolves, he said we better get our elk hunting done in the next couple years, cause if they move in like out west the elk are in trouble :shock: There was a reason they tried to kill them bastards off way back when, them guys knew the problems that were to come, but they didn't have to worry about the damn granola munchers :x
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

bucks if they ever open a season on them...you and me buddy, you and me!!!! :lol:
a proud member of the "IF" team
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

The effiecency of wolves is something to envy!
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Tbush wrote:bucks if they ever open a season on them...you and me buddy, you and me!!!! :lol:
count on it!!! :D
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

S.S.S. fellas, S.S.S. :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

lyonch wrote:S.S.S. fellas, S.S.S. :wink:
:wink: :mrgreen: :D
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

We are also starting to see alot more drift from our fancy-ass Yellowstone packs headed our direction. They are in the area where I run my yearling steers. I haven't had any problems yet but my neighbor didn' turn out his cows this year because of the wolves. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: We don't see them as much but they did get a kill permit for 2 wolves last year and nailed 2 out of the plane.
"God hates a coward"