Minot Predator Hunt 16 October 2010

Coyotehunter.net will be holding a 1- day coyote hunting tournament in Minot, ND 13 October 2012

Moderator: Coyotehunter

ilike2hunt
coyotehunter

Re: Minot Predator Hunt 16 October 2010

Post by ilike2hunt »

Damn that wind was rough. I believe we made 15 stands, all of which should have produced on any normal day. We called in 2 after about 3 mins on the first stand, shot 1 at about 15 yards about to attack the JIB and the other decided to circle about 400 yards out..he must have smelled us at that point cuz he took off without looking back. Wishing we had taken a shot, but wasn't sure we could get a clean hit with the wind being full value from 9 o'clock. Only saw one other coyote all day, and he took a quick peek our way about 500 yards out and then dissapered behind a hill and never came out. Other than that, we saw a fox about 6am which was way to early to shoot, and Mike missed on another fox later in the day.

Would have been happier to bring in more than 1 coyote, but hearing 40lbs read off the scale made us feel much better about that single dog. Other than battling the wind all day, we had a good time, and as usual the hunt was run fair and well.

P.S. Optimax90, dont feel bad...we came back with the big 0 two years in a row.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Thats a big dog way to go nice to have a little spending cash for the bar afterward. (I'm assuming that was big dog).

male or female?
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
ilike2hunt
coyotehunter

Post by ilike2hunt »

It was an old male with half a tail and worn teeth, and unless something changed since last night it was big dog. 40.075 pounds I believe it was.
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

P.S. Optimax90, dont feel bad...we came back with the big 0 two years in a row.[/quote]

Hey man thanks!!! We have been doing good all year up until saturday :? :? With a good attitude we tried everything we could, and just keept walking back to the truck woundering, WHY, WHY!!!!! It take a positive and a can do attitude to go out there and keep making stands after stands. Way to go on the big one, hope it sticks for ya....
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

The results will be posted this afternoon.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

Hey I almost forgot... Hats off to Chris and Levi for putting on a good event ( at least the part that we were there for) The rules meeting was good, communacation with the competitors was great. Terry thanks for the offer for grub after the event, we just didn't make it back. Next time count us there for sure :) And we got all our blocks ready for the bismarck tourney if that will work :lol: :lol: Thanks again guys!!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

It was a great tournament like always, good to see all your ugly mugs again!!! The results will be posted later. Please everyone thank Terry and his family for allowing us to use his place and for providing the great food!!!! If it wasnt for them we wouldnt have a Minot tournament!!!!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
1dogdown
coyotehunter

Post by 1dogdown »

Despite the conditions Saturday we saw 8 coyotes and 1 fox. We had a jinxed #1 block that we just could not get rid of! :lol: No, there was some missing going on and some lucky coyotes. Had a good time even though frustrating.We should of had at least four dogs. Thanks guys for putting on another great tourney! Congrats to the top 5 teams!!! See you all at the Mandan tourney.