Shipping skunk essence = no new friends.

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

DustyC

Shipping skunk essence = no new friends.

Post by DustyC »

Well, I had a member of this web site mail me some pure skunk essence for lure making. He was very good about getting it sent promptly through the US mail service. This is where my loss of riends begins. :( We live in a rural remote part of Wyoming about 70-80 miles from any town. We have are mail delivered by a lady that has to supply her own vehicle to deliver the mail in. Ususally it's your standard letters and packages that she carries but the other day I think she thought someone was either playing a practical joke on me or really hated me when the skunk ess. showed up. :shock: I know that her car still stinks. My father-in-law was the one to pick up the mail that day on the way down to feed our calves and he is 73. Along with his poor vision and sense of smell lacking and the strong Wyoming wind, he didn't realize the package smelled like a skunk that had just sprayed your favorite dog on a hunting trip where all you drove was your mother-in-laws Ford Expedition.I guarantee his truck still stinks because I rode in it last night. :evil: :twisted: By the time he made it down to our house he started to realize something was wrong. When he pulled up to our house, he jumped out of his truck, ran around the other side and threw the package on the back of my work truck. After he informs my wife about what was going on he decided it would be funny to hide it under the seat in my trapping truck. :P :P His plan would have worked except for the fact that the cold weather is already here so I am using all of my loudest lures that are amped up with alot of skunk any way. :D He finally told me what was going on and told me that I was pretty tolerant to ride around with that under the seat for 3 days and not realize it was there.
I guess the moral of the story is , if you make your own lure, always use UPS and your neighbors address. :shock: :lol: :lol: You are guaranteed to get your package no matter where you have it sent!!!! And you will only lose 1 friend instead of 2 or 3. :twisted: :lol: :lol:
"God hates a coward"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Shipping skunk essence = no new friends.

Post by bucksnbears »

:lol: :lol: what happened. did the bottle break??. could be that the "member" that sent it purposely put the cap on loose. he's kinda known for pulling stuff like that. :twisted: . i got a story similar to yours DustyC. :shock: :mrgreen: i'll hold out for awhile :oops:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Did it by chance leak?? I thought i wrapped the cap a few good times with tape and padded the bottle the best i could. I can't really smell any skunk anymore unless i open the big vial of it and take a good wiff of it :shock: . Oh well next time just tell me UPS :lol: :lol:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

No the bottle stayed sealed. Just good stuff!!!! :D
"God hates a coward"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I can promise you it is pure :D I tried to be ever so careful not to get any on the bottle or rim of bottle! It rode in my front seat all day until it was time to take it to the post office and i never smelt it :? My wife tells me my sniffer is broke though (must be a trappers thing) :lol: :lol:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

about 7-8 years ago, i sold alot of stuff on Ebay. i sold alot of frozen fox,jackrabbits,sqiurrels to taxidermist around the country. i was getting great money to :D . i had a buyer in atlanta georgia that bought a fox i think. buyer was to pay for expess shipping. so i sent off the fox,frozen solid,(double wrapped) in plastic in a stout cardboard box. about a week later i got a call from the post master in atlanta. she said in a very loud,strong voice "Dave, what do you have in this box" i told her what it was and she said that it was not proper to send such stuff :? . somehow, the fox got delayed and thawed out and spilled blood. i think she thought there was a human head in the box the way she freeked out :roll: shortly there after,Ebay came up with a no frozen carcass policy. but man did i make $$ for a while. averaged about 20.00 for jackrabbits (jackalopes). 10-20 a day was a good day. :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I was always worried about that when i worked for a taxidermist. We sent skulls to be cleaned 10-12 at a time i was always waiting for the box to get hung up and the stink to start.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
rorycoyote
coyotehunter

Post by rorycoyote »

i had a science class where we cleaned skulls. it was as good as school gets. my homework was to bring in heads predators, big game, small game, whatever i could get :D :D . the best memory that school was when a girl that worked at the meat packing plant left 5 or 6 sheep heads in the back of her truck in a trash sack. a buddy and me each grabbed a corner of the trash sack and walked down the main hallway of the school. after getting all the way to the end of the hallway where the classroom was we looked up the hallway only to see we had left a rather large blood trail the WHOLE way :shock: :shock: . we got to spend the rest of the day shampooing the schools carpet :( .
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Somehow a bottle of coyote urine came partly open being shipped from MT. Gary the UPS man was a little fired up when he got to the house. It was still hot outside and that piss was freakin rank. :lol: :lol: :x
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I think the essence I hve gotten in the past the whole bottle had been dipped in wax and then wrapped and taped up in newspaper, then in a plastic bag. I have it stored in a 3 inch thick sterofoam cooler and you can still smell it when you go into the garage.
Coyotes Forever