Favorite Rifle Scopes

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

204sniper
coyotehunter

Favorite Rifle Scopes

Post by 204sniper »

Just wondering what are some of your favorite rifle scopes for varmint hunting? My personal favorite is a Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 Tactical. Great clarity, especially in low light, and the best part is that when I dial in windage and elevation it goes where I want it to. Plus when I dial it back to zero, it goes back to zero. I also have a Leupold VX-III 6.5-20x40 LR. Good clairity, but the windage and elevation adjustments don't always click to where they are supposed to. I feel like I got better quality for the price with the Bushnell.
- Jeffrey Emerson

Close only counts in horseshoes and handgrenades....

Only YOU can prevent wildfires, which is good, because I've got things to do.

"That'll learn ya."
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Favorite Rifle Scopes

Post by bucksnbears »

i have leopold 4x12 vx2, baush n lomb 3x9 and a couple of burris 3x9 and redfield 3x9 and i like them all. can't really say i favor 1 over the other.they are all good solid scopes
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
ducksmuggler
coyotehunter

Post by ducksmuggler »

I have a VX3 4.5x14 by 50 Ill. that I like, also a cabelas alaskan guide 3x9 by 50 that for the $$ am impressed with. I did just yestarday order a new redfield(made by leupold) for my GFs gun and cann't wait to see what its like...
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Leupold Vari X-II 4-12x50 with a LR reticle.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Justin C.
coyotehunter

Post by Justin C. »

I have a Leupold LPS 3.5-14x50 on my remington R15 and I have no complaints. I do want to get one with target knobs down the road though. (Maybe vx3 6.5-20x50)
I have heard of guys having trouble with the Leupolds not clicking up right but have never seen it personaly.
My little brother shot his elk this last season with a leupold on a 30-378 weatherby mag the distance was 1020 yards and the scope adjusted perfectly.
(71 clicks up, sixteen ft of drop and a bullet travel time of 1.25 sec. very cool)
Last edited by Justin C. on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

lyonch wrote:Leupold Vari X-II 4-12x50 with a LR reticle.
he copied me! :wink: Great scope, I had a nikon on my first rifle, hated it. Decided to spend the money, like I should of the first time and got a leupy!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Yes i will admit i copied levi on that one! It is a great scope i can't deny that one :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Leupolds or the Super sniper scope. I use quick release mounts and the super sniper tends to go where ever i go and the rifle i choose to use at the time...
desertdog
coyotehunter

Post by desertdog »

Leupold VX-3 3.5-10.Have bought others,cheaper,but then what do you expect?
blake
coyotehunter

Post by blake »

I have about 3 boxes through my new Nightforce G7 5.5x22x50. It is a nice scope and I like the adjustable turret. I had to mortgage my house, truck, dump my girfriend, and will probably be sleeping in my topper the remainder of the season though haha. Other than that it seems to get out there and touch em. Longest kill with it has only been 410 yards so I do not have any true long range experience yet. I long for a shot at a sleeping coyote 500+
hitman1881
coyotehunter

Post by hitman1881 »

Any one have any experiance with the Nikon Coyote Special 3-9x40 or 4-14x40? looking into one i have seen them for $289. also wondering about the new Redfield scopes are they any good?
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I have a coyote special 4-14x I got back in Sept. at a contest.. Its a nice scope with decent glass and I like the ballistic reticle it has. I tried it out on one of my 17 cal.. and it does pretty good.. Only problem I have with it is it was designed to be used with a 223 or 22-250. Nikon has a site you can go to with a ballistic calculator for the reticle with the circles and can find out what distances to use the circles at. (http://www.nikonhunting.com/spoton/)

Most of my cartridges shoot to flat and I can't get the circles to come out the way I want.. I like something a little more exact like my BDC dial...

The scope is for sale if anyone is interested. Asking 275.00
hitman1881
coyotehunter

Post by hitman1881 »

Tim what finish is the coyote special you have for sale? and is it x40?
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Black matt finish, 4.5-14x