9NDCC Coyote Classic 6-8 January 2011

1-day coyote hunting tournament in Dickinson, ND Saturday Jan. 08, 2022. There will be a mandatory rules meeting at 6:00 p.m. Friiday January 7th at the in Dickinson, ND. Blocks will be distributed at that time.
There will be a check in Saturday at 7pm at the hotel parking lot. This hunting tournament is a two-day points series contest with a $100* per team entry fee (see rules for details). 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20%, place finishes will be awarded to the teams with the highest one-day total. Additional prizes to be determined.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Optimax90
coyotehunter

Re: The 9th Annual North Dakota Coyote Classic

Post by Optimax90 »

Bucks, well said my friend :) Good to see you made it home safe. Way to go to all the teams who came through and shot a bunch of coyotes.... And as you said bucks, what a smoothly run event, Jamie and Brad got it done again!!!!

We didn't do great, but left it all out in the hills, and I mean ALL of it.....

Special congrats to all the teams that came from out of state and hunted, teams that had never hunted ND before, and to battle the conditions of the weather and some the bottle :lol: :lol: I beleve it was singleshot1 who deserves the "atta-boy award" for sticking with his hungover partner :lol: :lol: Way to go to the guy from WY that came and hunted by him self (never did get your name) hell of a good guy!!

Thanks again to all the hunted and cant wait for another classic!!!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
diem24

Post by diem24 »

Opti-
Couple things
A) I should get the atta boy award for toting $ingle$hit-heads drunk a$$ around on sat!!! He pulled through though and walked it off, lol!
B) Our 30 min conversation on sat after the check in will cost me a lot of time and money. Ive already got a bead on a new leica range finder, new VX 3's on ebay and having been frantic-ly been researching ackley's... Not to mention how much time Ill be spending on the bench next summer.

Guarantee you this, we spent 13 hrs mentally logging all the info and tips we picked up this weekend. We will be back next yr for the NDCC 10 and probably Minot too. Congrats to everyone who participated. It was brutally tough but an amazing experience.
Nik
Optimax90
coyotehunter

Post by Optimax90 »

diem24 wrote:Opti-
Couple things
A) I should get the atta boy award for toting $ingle$hit-heads drunk a$$ around on sat!!! He pulled through though and walked it off, lol!
B) Our 30 min conversation on sat after the check in will cost me a lot of time and money. Ive already got a bead on a new leica range finder, new VX 3's on ebay and having been frantic-ly been researching ackley's... Not to mention how much time Ill be spending on the bench next summer.

Guarantee you this, we spent 13 hrs mentally logging all the info and tips we picked up this weekend. We will be back next yr for the NDCC 10 and probably Minot too. Congrats to everyone who participated. It was brutally tough but an amazing experience.
Nik
Sorry for the mix up on ( I just realized that you must be back home allready HOLY CRAP!!! :shock: ) you and your partner, I would have kicked his ass. But he seems like a good dude :)

You now get the IRON MAN award for pulling off the task of hunting this weekend and then driving all that way last night....

You would love the minot tourney, we hunted it this year and it was a great way to start the tournament season.... Weather suck, it was windy I mean really windy, but there was still coyotes killed.

You need any more money spending tips, just let me know :wink: And way to go on your first ND hunt with weather and snow the way it was.. Great to meet ya and hope to hunt with ya sometime
Daren S.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Total of 121 coyotes shot, 8 to win it with one coyote seperating the top 6 teams. Over $10,000 in cash and prizes. I will get the results posted today yet.
Coyotes Forever
singleshot1
coyotehunter

Post by singleshot1 »

First of all, hats off to Coyotehunter and Brad!!! You guys did a hell of a job!! Thank you!! (how much sleep did you guys get Friday night anyway?) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Secondly thanks to everyone who helped a couple of out of staters like ourselves out with the tips and hints to get us headed in the right direction (although some of you on the other hand, particularly Friday night may not have helped to much :D )

It was great meeting everyone and for first time being out there it was a blast and look forward to coming back next year!! Not quite sure how i can top this year but i have a whole year to plan :twisted:
" Do you squeal too...? "
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

hey singleshot1, whats up with your signature line :wink: :lol: :lol: . do tell.. :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
singleshot1
coyotehunter

Post by singleshot1 »

Bucs, when i get a minute today i'll put the full story up :lol:
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

Congrats to all on a great hunt. We struggled and had the worst 2 days of hunting I've ever had but it was a great time! Thanks everyone! It was nice chatting with some of you!
mitchkvernum
coyotehunter

Post by mitchkvernum »

One dog first day, and six the second.. Still is getting to me, we should have had seven the second day.. let one get away.. Oh well, it was fun.. Im sure Marty has his fair share of driving, 6 hour round trip the second day :D .. Met some good guys, devildog aka damon finley I believe is his full name?.. Was a hoot to talk to, him and his partner are good guys..

Not bad four our first classic.. Guy learns alot the first time he hunts a specific tourney. Cracked the top five :x .. Next year! :wink:
bstat1020
coyotehunter

Post by bstat1020 »

singleshot1,

You need to post that "do you squeal story too..." because after sitting down with you this morning listening to it.... All can say is WOW!
coyotebuster
coyotehunter

Post by coyotebuster »

The classic was an absolute blast and am already looking forward to next year. After hunting out in that area for a while I wasn't too excited to go back to Fargo/Moorhead. :cry:
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

coyotebuster wrote:The classic was an absolute blast and am already looking forward to next year. After hunting out in that area for a while I wasn't too excited to go back to Fargo/Moorhead. :cry:
you 2 did well. :wink: . congrats on placing 8)
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
coyotebuster
coyotehunter

Post by coyotebuster »

Thanks, it was fun to get out there and meet some guys that truly enjoy hunting coyotes as much as my dad and I do.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

singleshot1 wrote:Bucs, when i get a minute today i'll put the full story up :lol:

It was kind of a "had to be there" story but I tell you what I damn near pissed myself that night laughing. Don't forget the snorting!! Try to give the PG-13 version of the story on the site. :lol:
Coyotes Forever
singleshot1
coyotehunter

Post by singleshot1 »

so the story behind the squeal goes something like this....
after the check in was over Friday night sveral of us decided to go out for a little more hunting(you know who you all are :lol: ) we go to the nearby watering hole and Coyotehunter calls in a pair, one nice one and one ornery one, after he chases the ornery one off we are back on stand scratching our heads wonder what the hell just happened and one of the other coyotes in the pack started baiting me with some beverages. After some poking and proding the stalk was on. I got the jump on them but didnt have a kill block so i didn't take the shot :D Coyotehunter quick on his feet went and retrieved a kill block, now the challenge was on to get it in her mouth and get a quick pic taken. We have now switched locations and are back in the banquet room and managed to call the pack back in. This is where the fun really begins, the one that i was attempting to kill block starts snorting (and i mean snorting like a PIG) so in my infinate wisdom i asked her "do you squeal to pig?" Surprisingly she doesnt clean my clock but starts laughing harder and eating this up. While all this is going on the ornery one Coyotehunter called in earlier is being a real pain in the rear but we didn't have a big enough block for her mouth so we scared her off again. So now i have this block about in position and i tell her i can zip tie it around her big nose and chin, at this point everyone in the room is on the floor pissing themselves and i can't keep a straightface to save my butt. At no point does she ever get mad but we were thinking she was actually enjoying this. After several unsuccessful attempts to get the block in mouth and a pic they leave....then that damn ornery one came back and told Coyotehunter he's number one and left.

I may have left some details out so those who were there(Coyotehunter, Brad....those of you that i forgot your names already but enjoyed your company on this hunt) please feel free to add some that i may have missed :lol: :lol: :lol:

NEXT YEAR BOYS, NEXT YEAR! :twisted:

was that PG enough?