Removing coyote and bobcat glands

Do you have questions or tips to share on putting up your fur, this is the place to go

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

DustyC

Removing coyote and bobcat glands

Post by DustyC »

Does anyone know how to remove the glands from coyoes and bobcats? If you do, I was wondering if you would share your info in picture or video form. Thanks in advance.
"God hates a coward"
rorycoyote
coyotehunter

Re: Removing coyote and bobcat glands

Post by rorycoyote »

http://www.baitandluremakers.com/index. ... thread=739
i found this site. it may be of some help
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

ok I went to that site.........wow........lots of over thinking gland. Cats I get the anal gland with a 1 to 2" of colon, the hock gland (which is behind the knee in with that chunk of fat you will see. the gland looks like a little pea in that fat, take all of it), and there is a gland at the ear bud you can grab as well. Best to grind it up when it is about frozen. lots of options on finishing it. Rot, fresh or tainted. then time to choose fixatives and any enhancers you want to add. Urin and scat can be added as well. Coyotes I just use the anal gland and 1"-2" of colon, there are lots of other items, foot pads, liver, gall.............for me its a lot of filler. It may be attractive but when I use gland it is just a marker and I don't want my gland to smell like rotting flesh. I want mine pretty fresh............shit in a jar basically, that has some staying power.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I believe if you can your hands on Mark Junes Volume 1 video, he goes through the process of collecting glands from a coyote. Seems quick and easy.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"