need help, I cant decide- FIRESTORM,WT's MA-15, or CS-24

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Chevy575
coyotehunter

need help, I cant decide- FIRESTORM,WT's MA-15, or CS-24

Post by Chevy575 »

hey guys maybe you can help me. has anyone heard all three ? can anyone tell me about how they sound ? i have been to both web site and FP says that WT does not have true 24 bit sound and WT says the same about FP. Is there anyone out there that can help ? I'm sorry to ask i know everyone out there is proably as tired of this subject as i am.but if anyone can shed some light on this for me it would help ALOT. THANKS
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: need help, I cant decide- FIRESTORM,WT's MA-15, or CS-24

Post by Tim Anderson »

If money is'nt a problem then youshould go with WT's MA-15, or CS-24

Fox-pro; You can down load sounds onto it and it comes with all kinds of bells and whistles. They have some good prey distress sounds and a few good coyote vocals. Customer service is good but exspect to maybe have to send youre f-p in a couple of times to get the kinks out. Best time to buy one is dureing summer months so you can make sure its working properly before hunting season and get used to the remote..

Wt; real-life sounds and the best out there at the moument. Customer service is getting better, but I have never had any issues with WT. Just show a little respect and don't ask for F-P features (bells and whistles)
The remote is simple to use and I have not had any issues with my WT..(2030)

On another forum there are guys that own both the MA-15, or CS-24. They say the wt is a little more louder than the CS-24 and the sounds more clearer at full volume. Battery life seems to be the same for both, should get in a good day of calling with either..

You can get sounds that you recorded youreself put onto a WT chip but not another companies sounds.
I have used my WT for about 3 seasons and have found no reason to add any other sounds to it, just need to learn how to use them properly...

Good luck and you should be happy with either one........
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

i haven't heard the cs-24 but I have heard there great. I am in the process of acquiring a WT might atom from a friend of mine. I really like my foxpro fx-3 also. Bad parts to all e-callers. I haven't heard of a firestorm. There is a thread on here about the FP and WT. Pretty mixed reviews on both calls. Good luck.
"God hates a coward"
Chevy575
coyotehunter

Post by Chevy575 »

thanks, yeah i have been thinking more about the the warranty ,sound clarity and distance and i really like the fact that WT has a 15 day money back guarantee. tim,dusty good info thanks. i have been waiting to be able to get a great caller for along time money is a big issue especially in todays economy thats why i'm trying to get all the info about them. i have studied thier web sites and the only way to get the real info about them is to ask you guys the real users , hunters the one's that dont have anything to gain except the satifaction of being able to help another hunter.oh , i cant lie i like all the bells and whistles but i really need long lasting durability,long distant sound and remote(one that really works) , and clarity. i bought one caller a extreme dim.and WOW.... ...WHAT A PIECE.the sound distance and clarity is not good unless your calling in a place where they have'nt heard a call or a real distress cry before (not to be a a_ _ but what a waste of money for me).would anyone out there like to buy one? NR.
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Chevy if you choose a WT I would be happy to help you with the sound selection.
Randy Roede
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

pretty happy with my CS-24, good sound selection from foxpro. Great customer service from foxpro.
Coyotes Forever
Chevy575
coyotehunter

Post by Chevy575 »

how about the distance ? how far can you set the caller and still be able to use the remote ? oh, and how far can you set the caller out before you cant hear it any more ?. right now i'm thinking more about the '' WT's MA-15 or the MA-21''. you know unless i hear something else that will change my mind again.
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Chevy do a google search on the two, WT and FP see what you come up with typing in remote control issues etc.

I have not had any issues with range, the issue i have is how far away do I want to get because i have to go get it and it increases my chances of being busted on a stand location with all the extra exposure etc getting it all situated before starting to call.
Randy Roede
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

I just bought the CS-24 with the 15 watt speaker. I used it this past Friday and Saturday, which was very cold. At the coldest Friday morning it was probably -30 with the wind chill and the call worked pretty well. The remote was slow and stuck a bit when trying to switch sounds but worked flawlessly after the first stand. I'm impressed with it so far.
Chevy575
coyotehunter

Post by Chevy575 »

nick, about how far were you from the caller itself ? Randy, i took your advice and did a search but did'nt really come up with anything. I did see that both the CS-24 & MA-15 both use 10AA bateries in the callers themselfs so both of them should put out the same amount of power to the speaker(s). also i read in another forum that one guy said that "there are alot of FP's for sale(alot of them by thier owners) everywhere compared to the WT's". i've been seeing that to.how about you guy ? are you seeing it to ?.
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

I own an FX-3 and wouldn't sell it. It comes in handy quite a bit. I just finished the deal on the WT from my buddy but I can't give a good review since I've only used it abou 6 times. I know that Randy uses the WT and has great success with it. He knows what he's talking about. I also know that Coyothunter uses the CS-24 and he also knows what he's talking about. I don't think you can go wrong either way. You've got good advice from 2 good hands. Good luck. 8)
"God hates a coward"
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

[quote i read in another forum that one guy said that "there are alot of FP's for sale(alot of them by thier owners) everywhere compared to the WT's". i've been seeing that to.how about you guy ? are you seeing it to ?.][/quote]

Yes I have seen the same on a few forums..
Reason being is that F-P has flooded the market with so many different types of E-callers and is always upgradeing or makeing changes and there customers want more bells and whistles. F-P just wants everyone to be happy as long as the money keeps comeing in

There is a small percentage of callers that are not happy with F-p remotes or the callers them selves and have switched over to the WT. Some also got up-set with haveing to send in there F-p for updates or repair every few month's and sometime less..
Some of the guys I know that switched over to the WT have also kept one or two of the F-P they have but say they don't get used due to better response with the WT and a much simpuler remote operation...

As far as someone buying a E-caller I don't make the choice for them, its not my dime. But I do help out those that have made the switch over to a WT and try to get them headed in the right direction. I have a handfull of guys that send me pic.'s or updates on how there calling is going and the good exsperiances they are haveing with there WT... :mrgreen:
Chevy575
coyotehunter

Post by Chevy575 »

Well Guys I got my caller about a month ago and i'm still looking it over but WOW!! it has everything i could ask for and more . I picked the fox pro fury and i'm almost ready to give it try , just wanted to know if you guys have some go to calls that i should try. i've been programing my GX 7 and if you know of any calls that have been working good for you guys i would like to try them . After i have used my fury for awhile i will post a report on how well its been doing. thanks guys
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

GOOD CHOICE :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

this time of year I would go with vocalizations. Foxpro has a ton of coyote sounds and I know the guy who records some of them from a pet coyote he has, also a buch recorded in the field on stand with coyotes.
Coyotes Forever