Lyonch's fur sale

Who was the buyer, animal type, average paid?

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

lyonch
coyotehunter

Lyonch's fur sale

Post by lyonch »

Here is a picture of the fur that i sold this past Friday to Dusty Hough in Downer, MN. I have to say that Dusty is a top notch guy!!! I had received a quote from another fur buyer and i was able to use that as leverage. I only had to question one animal that dusty bought from me, and that was the mink. Dusty was nice enough to take the difference between the two quotes and meet half way. Thats says a lot about Dusty as a fur buyer :D The two coyotes in the picture were coyotes i shot right next to my house a few weeks ago and averaged $35 a piece on them :D I sold all my fall coyote furs to Jim Rosenwald for an average of $22.22 around christmas time. He originally quoted me $350 for the coyotes and when i started loading them up, he said that he really wanted them to make hats out of them and would be able to do $400 on them so i sold them to him for all his efforts in getting me a quote.

This picture...............

............ Equals this.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Lyonch's fur sale

Post by bucksnbears »

Nice :D . i know Dusty told me you do a good job on your fur. looks like the effort paid off. :wink:
i gotta go sell him some carcass stuff today. i'm outta reloading suplies
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Great job, So nice to see that you take pride in your trapping and fur handling abilities :D We can see its not for the money but something you truely love to do and get a satisfaction from it, that alot of people will never understand that have not done it.... I hope you got some pix with your mug in them :D
a proud member of the "IF" team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Tbush wrote: I hope you got some pix with your mug in them :D

You mean a pic like this :wink: I agree on the ugly mug part :mrgreen:

Chris Lyon

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

good god. my computer just puked :lol: :lol:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Ya but you said Ugly ..Not me :lol: we always say "get one for the collage"
a proud member of the "IF" team
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

Thats an impressive pile of fur terry said it best. And so did bukcs when he said his computer puked :lol: Just kiddin way to go man.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

you may be UGLY but Dusty said you did an awesome job on you fur :D
and if i know you, you would rather be good at putting up fur than be as good lookin as me :mrgreen:
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Nice work. 8) 8) That is a very impressive pile of fur!!!! And who cares what these other guys think? As long as Levi still thinks your cute whats it matterhuh? :shock: :shock: :D
"God hates a coward"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Thanks for all the nice comments :lol: :lol: You guys crack me up :wink: If any of you are ever coming through central minnesota sometime and need a place to crash, feel free to let me know and we can tip some cold ones back and bullshit about how bucks thinks he is good looking :mrgreen:
Chris Lyon

DustyC

Post by DustyC »

Hell, a big ole cute fuzzy bear like Bucks? Who could resist him in his see threw whities? Lmao!!!!!!
You need to put on a clinic on the right way to put up fur. Thats truly an awesome job!!!
"God hates a coward"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

great pics Chris. If you think about the pile of fur you had a couple of years ago compared to this it really puts it into perspective. Lots of hours of hard work there. Can't wait to see what next year will look like. thanks for sharing this season with everyone through all of your posts.
Coyotes Forever
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Chris, nice job!!

As for what you got $ wise, if your happy that's all that matters.

Trapping is the only hobby that is suppose to MAKE money, when all other hobbies cost money, to be a success.

Not to me!!

When I go bird , deer or fishing it always costs me money. How many times have you heard about someone who would trap but nothings worth anything, I guess if you do it for that reason only you really don't need to be doing it.

Well done my friend, puff out your chest , you did good!!!
Randy Roede
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

Sweet Job Chris and nice photo! It's nice to make a little coin doing a hobby one enjoys!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen!!! I am starting to gear up for spring beaver season already. I picked up a few coon when the warm spell hit, but that was short lived. I'm sure all summer i will looking at the my log book and locations to see which ones i should eliminate and which ones i need to set harder.
Chris Lyon