running shot & shooting balloons

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tbush
coyotehunter

running shot & shooting balloons

Post by Tbush »

Hey just came in from shooting balloons blowing across the frozen tundra and if you want them slower just put some snow inside them and they won't bounce as much, Haven't done it since last year but I missed a running fox yesterday that should be dead, so went out blew a balloon up to grape fruit size let her go and started shooting IT got away also?? I just didn't settle down and wait like I should have, Now its bobbing and rolling and shot the next one at 50 yds, then farther and farther and the last 2 were about 250+ and both took 2 shots?? sure helped me with my lead..I was leading to far/high and not trusting my gun :evil: Now I know I lead that fox all wrong :evil: It was a blast and got me the "oh my god heart rate up" thing. Then got out the semi auto 22 and started blazing away 8-14 shots and it was dead :lol: killed 1 at 200+not even focused in the tiny scope.... shot about 12 ballons, I wonder if you guys that shoot black rifles ever miss those runners :wink:I would think not :shock:

Next time out I'm bring some ballons and see what happens when a coyote is coming in and let one go..white, or i'll try and find brown ones could be interesting 8) :roll:
a proud member of the "IF" team
Critrgtr
coyotehunter

Re: running shot & shooting balloons

Post by Critrgtr »

Thats a great idea for practicing shots on a moving target. I would like to hear how that turns out letting them go when a coyote is coming in too. That would be funny if it actually attacked one and had it pop on him. :lol:
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

A guy should really practice a couple times a months. Good post Terry.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

back in eastern dakota we talked about doing that but we always had a ton of Jackrabbits to warm up on. Great idea though.
Coyotes Forever
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I guess it wouldbe a good way to practice youre hand,eye and brain cordanation but its not the same as shooting at coyotes that are running torwards, away or from side to side from you.. I sharpen my cordanation skills by playing nintendo games dureing the off season and then a little bench time with the rifle just before the season opens..