Coyote Kills Deer in Fargo

Post your Predator hunting photos here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

LeviM
coyotehunter

Coyote Kills Deer in Fargo

Post by LeviM »

Our local news had a story of a coyote taking a deer down behind a residents home in Fargo city limits yesterday. The lady was home at the time and begin to take pictures.
Attachments
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: Coyote Kills Deer in Fargo

Post by LeviM »

I should of posted the pics in the opposite order. Anyhow, kind of neat if you ask me. Its the circle of life, and its been happing for decades.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Great post Levi!! Those are some awesome pictures 8) I bet that was site to see. Most of us coyote hunters won't even see something like that in our lifetime!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I cant remember the ladys name, but she did a hell of a job with the camera. She also stated the coyote has been visting the kill site regularly. I am not sure if or how local authorities are taking care of the problem, but I am thinking gun out the patio door or snares through the trees.
Last edited by LeviM on Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

LeviM wrote: I am not sure if or how local authorities are taking care of the problem, but I am thinking gun our the patio door or snares through the trees.

If this was done in the Twin Cities, i am sure we would spend millions trying to capture it alive so it can be relocated :evil: Spend .25 cents on a fricken bullet and take that rubbed minnesota looking coyote out :twisted:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
M.O.A.
coyotehunter

Post by M.O.A. »

bang gone to a better place thats what i would have done instead of takeing pics
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

M.O.A. wrote:bang gone to a better place thats what i would have done instead of takeing pics
You need to remember this resident is in the middle of Fargo, I dont know the circumstances. I am truely glad she did get the camera, you wont see many pics like this.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

Pretty sweet pics. I agree on the cycle of life but i'm sure this will bring big attention and not so good attention for us coyote hunters. It's getting blown out of proportion on another site. Some people just don't get the food chain and that this is life and has been happening forever. I get a kick out of guys that hate coyotes because they kill a couple of deer but they'll grab their gun out of the cabinet early Nov. with dust still on it, not site it in, get a pile of people to push deer, take shity running shots and wound more than actually harvesting. Sorry sore subject for me.
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Nick I couldnt agree more, I dont personally understand the obsession over deer. I guess people dont understand, coyotes have been on this earth longer than any of us, and they have been eating deer, rabbits, mice, ect. Get over it people, this isnt the first time a coyote has killed a deer, and I can say for sure this wont be the last either. I almost want to give that coyote an "atta boy" for taking that fairly good sized deer down alone.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

Same here, he looks pissed. Maybe the deer was spouting off or something :lol: Fittest survive.
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

FREAKIN AWESOME PICS AND POST!!!!! 8) :D You guys call that a deer though? :shock: Hell thats the size of our Wyoming jack rabbits!!!! :lol: :lol:
"God hates a coward"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

nope, just a HUGE coyote :lol: :lol:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

DustyC wrote:FREAKIN AWESOME PICS AND POST!!!!! 8) :D You guys call that a deer though? :shock: Hell thats the size of our Wyoming jack rabbits!!!! :lol: :lol:
LOL :lol:

Yesterday afternoon, I was driving maybe a block to park my truck and go after a few coyotes I seen out my house window. I was listening to the local AM sports radio station, and they were taking about the deer and coyote situation. The host of the show was very fair, and discussed how its part of nature. Then some of the phone calls came in, saying how they felt bad for the deer, and the lady should of stopped it, blah blah blah. Then they would bash the host for thinking how cool it was too see. It amazes me how people think.

Side note, I never got any of those coyotes. They were on my prime trapping grounds, where I trapped 5 out of last season. So I wish them the best next fall.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Double post, sorry
Last edited by LeviM on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Its driving alot of the ranchers around here nuts, the fact that everytime someone finds an elk or a deer kill they call the government trapper in to go chase down and kill a cougar. To me that is what the cougar is their for and what he is suppose to be doing. I think they want them to become vegitarian's or something. And ofcourse when someone finds something dead they immediatly scream cougar, so the county guy has to try to manufacture one or he's just a no good bastard. Its not very fair to him or the ranchers in the county that just want some coyote control done. So now I'm sure that in Fargo there going to have an ADC guy go after the coyote that wasn't killing anybodies property, he was just doing what he is built to do. Just pisses me off.
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"