Driving coyotes?

All you new guys who are just getting into coyote hunting, put your posts in this area. Lots of good information that would be helpful before putting up a post asking for the "how to" manual on calling.
oldrookie
coyotehunter

Driving coyotes?

Post by oldrookie »

There's a spot I like to go to with a lot of coyote sign. I spent a few days there last week, called in one coyote that came running in at 40 yards to a fawn bleat hand call and I was so surprised by how quick it came in I wasn't ready. I only have a couple of calls and used them both in that area over the past week. So tomorrow my teenagers wanna get out in the woods. They're great kids but with 3 of them and a dog I'm thinking we announce our presence in a big way.

Anyway, I was thinking, if I were to get out and set up and the boys walk in from the other side of the clearcut 10 minutes later, maybe they could drive a coyote towards me like I've seen work with deer. Anyone ever had this work? I'm just wanting to set up at least one stand, but my son, daughter, a cousin, and the heeler make for a big crowd. Suggestions please!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: Driving coyotes?

Post by lyonch »

Coyotes can be driven like deer. They will leave using specific escape routes. It works best if you put the wind to the posters face and the wind to the drivers backs.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

ditto
Coyotes Forever
oldrookie
coyotehunter

Post by oldrookie »

thanks for the help. We tried a couple places, but it's something to do with my big crowd sometimes