Minot Predator Hunt 15 October 2011

Coyotehunter.net will be holding a 1- day coyote hunting tournament in Minot, ND 13 October 2012

Moderator: Coyotehunter

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Minot Predator Hunt 15 October 2011

Post by Coyotehunter »

Download registration: http://coyotehunter.net/upload/Minotflyer.doc
Online registration: http://www.coyotehunter.net/shop/cart.p ... gory_id=15
Coyotehunter.net will be holding a 1- day coyote hunting tournament in Minot, ND 15 October 2011. check ins will be held at Hensons Fur in Minot. We will go over the rules Friday at 7pm 14 Oct 2011. The afternoon check-in will be 15 Oct 2011 7:00 PM at the same location. This hunting tournament is a one-day contest, registration will be $75 per team (see rules for details). 1st 30%, 2nd 25%, 3rd 20%, 4th 15%, & 5th 10% place finishes will be awarded to the teams with the highest 1-day total. Cash will be awarded for the largest and smallest coyotes (100% pay back). All rules will be strongly enforced.

Download rules: http://coyotehunter.net/upload/Minotrules.doc
Tournament Rules
1. Entry fee shall be $75 per team. Payback will be as follows: 1st 30%, 2nd 25%, 3rd 20%, 4th 15%, & 5th 10%. All prize money will be mailed to contestants the week after the tournament. If there are 15 teams or less Payback will be as follows: 1st 30%, 2nd 25%, 3rd 20%
2. Largest coyote ($15) and smallest coyote ($15) weights will be taken at check in. (100% payback). All prize money will be mailed to contestants after the tournament.
3. $10 from each entry will be put towards the payout for the Coyote Classic Tournament Series payout.
4. Use of an airplane, Para planes, ultra lights, ATV’s and/or snowmobiles the day of the tournament to locate predators is prohibited. Predators can not be shot from your vehicle.
5. Predators can be taken with any center fire .24 cal. or smaller cartridge, and/or shotgun.
6. No more than two persons per team. One vehicle only.
7. Core temperatures will be taken from all predators at checked-in. Predators will be disallowed if temperature and time do not match.
8. The day of the tournament blocks will be distributed at the morning check in and placed in each coyote’s mouth immediately upon retrieval. The block must have the team number, and time of day marked clearly on the tag. Bands will be provided to place around the coyote’s mouth (top & bottom) to secure the block. THE BLOCK MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND BANDED IN THE COYOTES MOUTH. ANY COYOTE TURNED IN WITHOUT A PROPERLY FILLED OUT BLOCK (SEQUENCE NUMBER, TEMPERATURE, TEAM NUMBER) BANDED IN THE COYOTES MOUTH WILL BE DISALLOWED. Coyotes must be exposed to the outdoors. Coyotes cannot be placed in plastic bags, enclosed boxes, or stored inside a vehicle. It is impossible to get consistent core temps. if these standards are not followed by everyone. NO EXEPTIONS.
9. All entrants must be present and available to answer questions at both morning and evening check-ins. We will be picking 5 teams at random by number to be mediators, with 5 additional teams as alternates prior to the start of the tournament. In the case a team with any coyotes that are disqualified during the check-ins, the team/s with the rule infraction will have an opportunity—after check-in on Saturday—to request a review by their peers. The review will be of the facts as they pertain to the coyotes in question. One member of each of the five teams will have a vote, and the majority vote will be the final ruling. The team that requests the review will have to pay an additional $25 upon that request. This $25 will be refunded back in the event the ruling in question is overturned, If the ruling stands, the $75 will be forfeited by the team who requested the review. This is not an opportunity to re-write rules, but an opportunity to an impartial review of the facts. NOTE: Rule 20 is not reviewable, and is only enforceable by the tournament director.
10. No live decoys and /or dogs. (No running predators with dogs.)
11. No baiting.
12. Total weight will determine the placing if there is a tie.
13. Mouth calls, hand calls and electronic calls can be used.
14. No pooling of animals between teams.
15. Check in times strongly enforced. It is the contestant’s responsibility to check in with a tournament official. Check in times will be 7:00PM
16. You have to locate and call your own predators. You cannot have a second team or individual out scouting for you.
17. All coyotes that are checked in will be inspected and will be a donation to the tournament to help cover the costs of the event. Points will be awarded for the following predators: Coyote =10, Fox=5
19. Sportsmanship. Any team—upon the sole discretion of the tournament director—that shows a lack of consideration for other teams, the rules, or is just being an all-around asshole, will be refunded their entry fee and asked to leave. If it is determined that any team or team member who—in the past—has a history of questionable actions, coyotes, behavior, etc., that is deemed detrimental to the enjoyment of the tournament by others, they will be banned from entering the tournament. No team has an inherent right to hunt tournaments sponsored, promoted or officiated by Coyotehunter.net, and Coyotehunter.net reserves the right to refuse entry to any team or team member who has displayed the above mentioned unsportsmanship-like behavior
Coyotes Forever
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Re: Minot Predator Hunt 15 October 2011

Post by leadbiscuit »

What do you guys think, good place to take in my first tournament?
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

yep. great time of the year to walk the fields. hope you can make it up :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

you might have to bring a boat for check in :lol: :lol: really its a great one with young coyotes, before deer opener, no snow...
a proud member of the "IF" team
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Tbush wrote:you might have to bring a boat for check in :lol: :lol: really its a great one with young coyotes, before deer opener, no snow...
It seems that you guys have had a weather target on your back for awhile Terry, hopefully soon it will dry up for awhile. Its a great first tournament hunt, lots of fun.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

Count me in. How do I get signed up? Also, If any of you know a trustworthy person that's looking for a cohort between now and then, let me know.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

LB feel free to sign up the day of, or when jamie gets it put into the online store, you can do it right here on the site. I will see you there :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

you can register on line at any time in the store under the catagory tournaments.
Coyotes Forever
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

I'm guessing CH will have my check one of these first days. I know I'm planning waaay ahead here guys but I'm always busy in summer and it alwaysgoes quick. Google tells me this is about a 500 mile trip one way. If I'm gonna drive that far to call, I'm gonna call for more than a single day. I'm planning on leaving the Sat. before and spending a week calling in N.D. I'm hoping the campgrounds will still be open. Sleeping in a tent would be a lot cheaper than a motel.

Question: If I do go straight to the Minot area right from the start, how much of a radius should I give the tournament center? I'd rather not spend several days calling only to have it mess with peoples chances during the tournament. 20 miles? 30 miles?

I'll most likely head north to Fargo and the west. If any of the regulars around here would like to get together and call a stand or two while I'm on my way there, shoot me a PM.
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

You all have coyote calling contests in ND when there isn't waist deep snow????

That would be different!
Randy Roede
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

LeadB - i would just hunt anywhere you would like. Some people will be traveling 100+ miles away from the tournament check in station. There are so many good areas in ND that it would be tough to just pick one. I think if you were to starte hunting when you get a little west of fargo and work your way to minot slowly you will have some good calling grounds and have some stories to share when you get to the hunt :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

Thanks Chris. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M GETTING MYSELF INTO. But I'm gonna do it anyway. Dusty says God hates a coward. I think he likes fools even less. We'll find out which one I am.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

LB. if your interested in doing the minot tourny just keep in mind that there are plenty of them within a short distance of town and land access should be easy. granted, you will probably be best off doing some scouting ahead of time and if you agree to pay my entry fee i can give you some great areas that Lyonch or Tbush hunts :D oh yeah, and a case of Schmitties :mrgreen:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

How about 10 bucks and a sixer of Grain Belt Premium?
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

leadbiscuit wrote:How about 10 bucks and a sixer of Grain Belt Premium?
pondering?? :lol: