GETTING STARTED By Leadbisquit

Got Tech. info, loads, tips, trouble shooting, here is the spot

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

xdeano
coyotehunter

Re: GETTING STARTED By Leadbisquit

Post by xdeano »

Can't forget the money shots...

Both of these coyotes were taken at ~150 to 175yds. with the 22-243 and the 80g Berger. Both were shot in basically the same spot, front right shoulder exiting just behind the left shoulder. The one that I skinned out was nothing but a mess inside and the exit hole was roughly the size of a 50 cent piece or so. The second was roughly the size of a silver dollar. But really not bad for how much bone was hit. Both hits were complete incapacitation.

I don't typically take pictures of dead animals but I'm just giving you an idea of what kind of damage this pill will do. It really isn't to bad.

This is the one that was skinned out. It was a bloody mess inside,

Coyote 2, entrance hole?

Coyote 2, exit hole.

Coyote 2, exit showing path.

Just thought it was interesting.

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

Thanks for posting the pics Deano. I'm impressed with that bullet so far. Dead right there would be an understatement. Neither one moved an inch. I'm still not sure why it caused such massive internal damage, but didn't ruin the hides. Further testing is required!!!!!
xdeano
coyotehunter

Post by xdeano »

I'm impressed with the entire cartridge. I agree it does need some more testing. :mrgreen:

xdeano
“It’s better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.” -Mussolini
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Good post looks like a hell of a coyote cartridge
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
leadbiscuit
coyotehunter

Post by leadbiscuit »

I'm hoping it works out well PG. It has the power and the ballistic coefficient to perform. Only time will tell if it blows coyotes to peices or not. It would be nice if it didn't. It's tough to find specific info on how some of the bergers perform on coyotes. I'll try to post pics of a few others this season.

lead