MA-21

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

MA-21

Post by Tim Anderson »

I traded one of my smaller WT's in for the MA-21 upgrade about a week ago..
It comes with 120 preselcted sounds but some can't be used here so I had Bill remove them and give me some other sounds I picked out to take there place.. The caller is louder than my Big 2030 and the sounds are much clearer as well so no complaints there..
The caller weighs about five pounds and is about the size of a 3/4 loaf of bread and has a carry handle mounted on the back of the unit so when you carry it the speaker is faceing down. The carry handle is very comfortable in the hand and the caller carries well, if a person wanted it could be carried in a back-pack.. The reaction time on the remote is smooth and fast compared to my 2030 and the remote I have for that one... I tested the remote out to 150 yds and stopped, thought that was good enough..
I've been messing around with it for a few days and can say that it works and I don't have to send it back..LOL
Anyway I'm happy with it and how it performs... Ordering the caller through Bill was fast and painless and enjoyed talking with Pat...
LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: MA-21

Post by LeviM »

I also got the MA-21 this year. Great call so far, sound quality and volume is excellent. My only complaints would be the remote, even though I am getting use to it and the batteries. I will be sending my call in to get some removed and adding some new ones as well. I would recommend this to call to anyone hands down.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Levi congrats on the new caller...

As for new sounds or adding all you have to do is order what you want and they will send you a new chip with the new sounds as well as the old.. Or you could go with the 120 sound up grade for 90.00 I believe.. You get to keep your old sound chip as well...

Oh!! How about those wolf vocals are'nt they great... :wink:
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Thanks for the info Tim! The wolf sounds do sound awesome, maybe someday they will come in handy :mrgreen:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

If you have any problems finding and replaceing the sound card just give a holler...
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I can picture you two skipping threw the daisies WT's in hand in daisy dukes smiling at each other. Have you too made out yet??
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

What do you guys think about the weight of the MA-21? 5.3 pounds seems hefty. Sounds like it would come close to carrying another gun into the field.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

The way the caller is set up with the carry strap on the back and a big comfortable handle its not that big of a deal.. Its not as bulky as the TOA speaker callers... I like mine so no complaints.. If weight is a problem then carry hand-calls.. :wink:
coyotebuster
coyotehunter

Post by coyotebuster »

:lol: got a good laugh out of that comment PG
DustyC

Post by DustyC »

I've had mine for about 1 year now. It's a good call. It is heavy but not terrible. To me, it's just like my FP, not perfect but works well. I don't like the fact that you can't run it without the remote and some of the sounds sound like your in a tunnel. It takes a few thousand batteries to keep it going for a weekend.
It's a good call but not without it's weaknesses. Just like a FoxPro!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :wink: :wink:
"God hates a coward"
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

Tim, Thanks for the info. I was just wondering if it's a pain to drag into the field. Looking for pros and cons of the caller. For me, 5.3 lbs is too much to carry on tournament days. I go for light everything. On regular calling days it would be no problem. I appreciate all the feedback guys. Thanks.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

5.3 pounds is nothing compared to other equipement you carry into the field. The avr. varmint rifle weighs around eight pounds.
I like to travel lite as well and the caller is'nt heavey. I carry a chair, shooting sticks, caller and a rifle to a stand and can drag a dead coyote back to the road along with the gear and I'm by no means a body builder..LOL
The caller is small enough you could put it in a back-pack if needed, but by adding the pack its just more weight..
But hey if the 5.3 pounds is that big of a problem then look at one of the cheap plastic F-P like a FX-5..

I've used my new MA-21 on roughly 20 stands so far and I enjoy carrying it, like I said before it has a nice balance to it and if it brushes up against your leg it just slides right on by and dose'nt make much noise if bumped against any brush like the TOA callers do... Also its not bulky like some callers and with the carry strap you can still fit a shooting stick in the same hand or a stool....
coyotebuster
coyotehunter

Post by coyotebuster »

Tim, those FPs along with cheap hand calls have been the demise of a TON of coyotes so if someone wants to keep using their FP because they want something a bit lighter good for them. Do you work for WT? Do they sponsor you? If not then why do you try so hard to sell their call?
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

Tim, those FPs along with cheap hand calls have been the demise of a TON of coyotes so if someone wants to keep using their FP because they want something a bit lighter good for them. Do you work for WT? Do they sponsor you? If not then why do you try so hard to sell their call?
First off this thread is about the MA-21 not F-P.. If the MA-21 is too heavey for the other guy its real simple fix.. "DON't buy one" Get a F-P instead or even a Minaska big country, I could care less..

As for the questions No! I don't work for WT, and No! to the second question.. Not trying to sell it to anyone.. Its one of the best callers I've had the pleasure to use and is a good product no matter what the other guy thinks .
I called in and killed 19 Mn. coyotes last season and I'm up to 14 coyotes this season. Can you say the same about other brands used in MN.???
I've owned 3 Wt's and not once had to send one in for repairs, its a good product period.. I say if anyone is interested in one go ahead and try one out most won't be sorry they did, the WT's are simple to operate and they just keep on going and going..
NickNielsen

Post by NickNielsen »

Tim, No need to get defensive. We are just trying to get the best "product review", hence the forum title. I'm glad you like the MA-21, I asked a legit question if it was a pain carrying into the field being 5.3lbs. I have the CS-24 and have had some remote issues, other than that it has been a superb call. If anyone has a TOA speaker call, the tinnie sound can be elimated by wrapping it in mcneff rifle tape. Good work on the MN coyotes, never shot one. Eastern ND coyotes don't like me though. Good luck calling!