gonna give NAFA a try

Who was the buyer, animal type, average paid?

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

EO caller

Re: gonna give NAFA a try

Post by EO caller »

Well Chris, the wife couldn't wait for NAFA. Had to get my cats sold today. It ended my trapping season abruptly. 180.00$ average on six cats. :cry: :cry: :cry: The market isn't what it was last year he said. Gave me huge cudo's for my put up. Said I couldn't have done anything to make them worth more money. They were too dark.
78 coyotes=35.75av
6 cats=180.00av
1 red fox=eagle ate
I have one cat on a stretcher and about twenty cat sets out but thats pretty much it for this season. Very successful catch, PISS POOR marketing as usual. ZERO patience. :evil: :x :roll:
"CHASIN A DREAM-LIVIN A NIGHTMARE"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Dang EO caller i would have thought your cats would bring much better than that!! So what is too dark about your cats (bellies, backs)? The coyote average is up from last season, but the cats are way down for you. Almost $4,000 for your fur isn't too bad at all when you look at the big picture of things and hearing the recent "decline" in cat prices. I would keep shooting the coyotes any chance you get! That market seems to be taking off quite well lately. If you have any beaver in the area or care to trap them, they are starting a come back too. As of now, they are double of what i was paid for my beaver from last spring!! Castor as always is worth keeping and selling at $40 - $50 a lb averages! 8-10 average beaver will make a pound of castor. The spring beaver you can figure every 5-7 making a pound of dried castor. I bet those cats and coyotes won't be able to leave those beaver carcasses alone either :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
rodeorulz
coyotehunter

Post by rodeorulz »

Does any body know what badgers are worth? (either on the carcass or put up)

Thanks!

(sorry...this probably wasn't the correct post to ask this question on...)
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

rodeorulz - badger have a huge spectrum for price. I have seen badgers go for $5 to $75 per pelt. I know they are looking for the lighter colored pelts of the more silver ones. A guy i know in SD (jerry herbst) has been averaging around $40 - $50 per pelt this year. This would be put up prices. Some lure makers have been dabbling with rendering down badger fat into an oil and using that with some k-9 lures. I hope this helps!
Chris Lyon

rodeorulz
coyotehunter

Post by rodeorulz »

Thanks Chris!

Yes it helps. I had just hear some prices from someone in NW SD and wasn't totally sure if the price he sold his for were per badger or for the two of them (both were on the carcass to my knowledge). From the pictures I showed my husband of the badgers that were sold he didn't think they looked like anything special...just your average badger.
I've been giving him crap that he should have been keep what he caught! haha
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

lyonch wrote:Dang EO caller i would have thought your cats would bring much better than that!! So what is too dark about your cats (bellies, backs)? The coyote average is up from last season, but the cats are way down for you. Almost $4,000 for your fur isn't too bad at all when you look at the big picture of things and hearing the recent "decline" in cat prices. I would keep shooting the coyotes any chance you get! That market seems to be taking off quite well lately. If you have any beaver in the area or care to trap them, they are starting a come back too. As of now, they are double of what i was paid for my beaver from last spring!! Castor as always is worth keeping and selling at $40 - $50 a lb averages! 8-10 average beaver will make a pound of castor. The spring beaver you can figure every 5-7 making a pound of dried castor. I bet those cats and coyotes won't be able to leave those beaver carcasses alone either :wink:
They say the backs are too dark. They call em rabbit backs. I've never tried to catch a beaver before. I know were there is a couple of dams that are being built and I was talking to our county trapper and he said we could go bust them and split the bait. Sounds like fun.
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

sent off the last batch of coyotes to NAFA last night. was actually a bit sad clearing out the fur shed and loading them in the truck. . i'm hoping the market stays good so about mid-june there will be a check in the mail that will make me go :D :D :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Good for you Dave! You got some dandies in there.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

I got rid of my last cat at an auction a week or two ago. Looked just like the ones I sold for $180. Got $501.70. I found the buyer that bought the other ones and showed him the sale slip and said "what the hell"? He explained that at the time he had a buyer that wanted perfect cats and would pay top dollar for them. Any imperfect cats to be bought would have to be cheap. He basically said that he did his job and wasn't sorry about it, I had the right to turn down his offer, which I understood. I'm not mad at the guy, just at myself. Last year he was 100$ over the other bids I had on cats. I basically cost myself 1800$ by being impatient. :evil: :evil: :cry:
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

OUCH!!
Coyotes Forever
EO caller

Post by EO caller »

Coyotehunter wrote:OUCH!!
UNDERSTATEMENT :!: :!: :!:
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Keep that in mind next year!!! If they can get you for 300 a cat they will it's there living just like you. He's laughing over a beer right now thinking about the money he made off of you. My opinion don't even let him bid on your cats for two years he will know you need a good bid or nothing. He's treating you like a rookie and cashing in on it.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Prairie Ghost wrote:Keep that in mind next year!!! If they can get you for 300 a cat they will it's there living just like you. He's laughing over a beer right now thinking about the money he made off of you. My opinion don't even let him bid on your cats for two years he will know you need a good bid or nothing. He's treating you like a rookie and cashing in on it.

i agree 100% Prairieghost!!
Chris Lyon