Feb/March Calling Tactics

Share your coyote hunting tips, techniques, and thoughts about coyote hunting.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Put it on today but it was kind of cold so I hope it stays. I will send you a pic in a few days.

I stuck it on the club cab window. I am saving my back window for a huge custom decal. When I get that one I will put it on here, you will like it I am sure. 8)
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
snareit
coyotehunter

Re: Feb/March Calling Tactics

Post by snareit »

Mitch and I took 3 on sunday in that 25 plues wind and -25 wind chill thought I was in valley agian if you can take it is some of the best calling there is
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Sounds like a cold and brutal hunt snareit!!! Not too many people can kill 3 coyotes in a day in those conditions :wink:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
iowahunter
coyotehunter

Post by iowahunter »

hey guys im new to the site and i got a question. this has happened a few times..the ones we had the other night. we stirred them up with the female howl. they howled for about ten minutes. getting closer. then we female howled again and all went quiet for about ten minutes. then one probably 80 yards behind us started to bark. we barked back and nothing..any tips?
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

busted
Coyotes Forever
iowahunter
coyotehunter

Post by iowahunter »

dang ha
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

there are some nuances to the whole barking thing, the best advice would be to just don't do it in the field until you have some one work with you a bit. sharp barks are fine, woofs are bad......as a rule of thumb.
Coyotes Forever
iowahunter
coyotehunter

Post by iowahunter »

o well we use alot of electronic calls and the bark that played almost mimic'd the bark it barked. also alot of times what happens is we will do a rabbit in distress or howl and it will wake up a pack to the south of us then a pack to the north of us we respond. but neither seems to move. any tips?
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

YOu need to pick a group and move in on them.
Coyotes Forever
Jake
coyotehunter

Post by Jake »

This is a good time of the Year in South Western Pa. where I hit the Morning Hunt, getting on a ridge top Hitting the Turkey calls Starting just at day break, this is when the Turkeys are coming down off there roost, and start calling to join up, the Yotes come running in they still come to a halt anywhere from 75 to 100 yrds but all you have to do is do a pur or faint Strut call and they come in for a better shot. Works for me. :wink:
It is, What it is.
Moon
coyotehunter

Post by Moon »

Hey iowahunter,I'm pretty new to callin here in Central Iowa, but I have noticed my coyotes called in and coyotes killed is half what it was last yr.(ihaven't burned my sets out as I'm gaining more ground to call all the time with plenty of sign) Now I'm trying to use some pup howls/female howls but haven't mastered that yet. Last year we had LOTS of snow and cold and this year warm with little snow. Just wondering how it's been for you this year.I try to make at least one set early morning and one at dusk. I'm soaking up all the info I can. Thanks.