Mange

coyote studies

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Re: Mange

Post by bucksnbears »

got 3 coyotes yesterday and seen 2 others. the 3 all had mange and the 2 i did'nt get appeared to have it.been seeing quite a few fox and so far they seem good.
Attachments
DSC03250.JPG
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Wife killed these 3 yesterday. The one had it bad real bad and the other two have a touch of it.

I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Jerry Hunsley
coyotehunter

Post by Jerry Hunsley »

Is it my imagination or is the mange getting worse up In North Dakota? I thought it was getting better around North and South Dakota, but apparently not. Out of the last seven we have got 5 of them have been bad. :( :( :(
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

Daryl, in the area you hunt??? if you hunt locally? the past couple years the coyotes seem to have been doing good. in my area where i live, most had mange a few years ago but last year few had it and i was thinking it had ran it's course. i was wrong :(oohh, and glad to see the wife shoots better than you :wink: :lol: :D
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

ya bucks it was local. we really haven't seen alot of mange but it almost appears as if it's making a comeback in our area. the wife is a pretty good shot and we would have had 4 but one saw the truck and was getting really nervous and I thought she was taking to long so I tried to move for the shot and he busted me and ran back over the hill. I should have just let her shoot him but I grew impatient. oh well we might try to go back after him.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Moon
coyotehunter

Post by Moon »

Here's a series of trail cam pictures of mange progressing on a coyote on my farm.I'd like to put him out of his misery, but he won't let me.The last pic is one I'd like to whack before the mange gets her.
Dec.13/ 2011
Dec.13/ 2011
Dec22/2011
Dec22/2011
Jan 06/2012
Jan 06/2012
Central Red
Central Red