Site Admin

Re: New Video: Deleted

Post by Coyotehunter »

Thanks for the video
1dogdown
coyotehunter

Post by 1dogdown »

Cool video guys! Love the introduction! Thanks for sharing.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I find it best to stay on stand longer than a half hour if east of the big river and if you know you have coyotes around then stay till the job is over or till you can't take the cold any longer.. I even find at times if you stay long enough you can get a crack at the big sleepers on some of the western stands as well...
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

coyotebuster
coyotehunter

Post by coyotebuster »

TA, the info about staying on stand longer and killing the sleepers is interesting. Do you actually see the coyote sleeping when you set up? I have experienced pretty much the exact opposite. I'd say about 95% of the time when calling to bedded/sleeping coyotes, they either come in within the first 2 minutes or not at all.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I have seen some bedded but when I refer to sleepers it just means a coyote comeing in real slow or just does'nt seem interested at first and just takes longer for them to come... It seems like with areas with more calling pressure a hunter needs to stay on stand alot longer than he used to..

Dureing day time stands and depending on weather conditions coyotes don't always hear a prey distress sound when they are bedded down for the day due to the weather condition or where they are bedded at the time,maybe a fewl hills or ridges keeping the sound from getting to them so what I do on a slow stand is after 5 minutes or so I may throw out a few howls to wake them up and get them comeing. The thing is with howls some may charge right in and some just take there sweet time and some just ignor it or run off in the other direction, so knowing there may be some takeing the sweet time about it I stay longer on a stand..
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

good post TA
coyotebuster
coyotehunter

Post by coyotebuster »

Ok I gotcha Tim, good info. My initial question was kinda dumb considering a lot coyotes are bedded down later on in the day, need to think a little before I type :oops:
coyotebuster
coyotehunter

Post by coyotebuster »

Also, nice video guys! Always fun to be able to watch other's experiences in the field.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

CB no question is dumb and it don't hurt to ask..

As far as bedded coyotes I come across a few from time to time when stalking them. Sometimes you can squeak them up and have them move closer and other times just be ready cause the second you make a sound on the squeaker they will be off in the other direction.....
coyotebuster
coyotehunter

Post by coyotebuster »

yep, I've had pretty good luck this year calling in ones that I see bedded. Except for one, wouldn't budge no matter what sound I made, was within 300yds of him and all he'd do was look up then just go back to sleep. So.. since he wouldn't stand up I figured I'd just shoot him in his bed, I choked.