CTS

We want to hear your opinion or questions on the videos, guns, calls, etc.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

devildogg
coyotehunter

CTS

Post by devildogg »

I stumbled across these while messing around on the internet the company is called custom turret systems they make a type of sticker for your turrets that wraps around the turret they are $25/4 this way if you ever change your load and you have a custom turret your turret won't be worthless and you won't have to spend $100 for a new custom turret. Check it out they look pretty neat I just ordered some today I have two different loads I use in my rifle one for coyotes and one for deer now I'll be able to use my turrets for everything.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Re: CTS

Post by Coyotehunter »

Do you have a link? My turrets from leupold are $60 ea.
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

http://customturretsystems.com/ Check them out pretty cool way to have an option for every load.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

A custom turret isn't that hard to figure out if you decide to change a load or use the set up on another rifle.. You may end up with the same settings if both cartridges are pushing the bullet at same speed or it will be a plus or minus adjustment through out..
I use the same BDC dial scope on four rifles, 17 Rem, 17Pred., 20x47 Lapua and my 22-250 Ackley...
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

Yep your right Tim but its pretty fast and simple to not have to remember 4 clicks up or down when you are being rushed for a shot. I use my rifle for deer and coyote hunting and I run 69 bergers at just 3600fps and I run 95 bergers for deer at just over 3100fps. So for me my one turret just wont cut it at 500yds I have 40" of drop with the 95 and the 69 I have 32" of drop even at 4ooyds im still 6" apart. Its just a cheap way to be dead nuts on or very close with out having to buy more turrets.
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

I received my custom turret stickers and put them on my turrets it was a breeze. They seem to b made out of a kinda sturdy material I'm not sure how long it will last though only time will tell there but they were right on the money. I shot them out to 500yds and they r right on I put some numbers into a ballistic calculator and counted the clicks and they r exactly right on the money. Hopefully they will hold up to the cold and getting wet that's the only thing I'm skeptical about.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

got any pics of what it looks like on the scope
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

CH ill take a few pics tonight and post
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

http://s1160.photobucket.com/user/damon ... %20Uploads

Here they are when I ordered mine I told him what kind of turret I had and he has the measurement for them as well as lots and lot of others so when u apply them they start and end perfectly on the turret
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

This might work now
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

looks nice
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

Here's an up date on the turret stickers they stuck well no problems there but I was cleaning my rifle and I got some bore cleaner on it and it took the ink right off the sticker errrrrrr I had to peel it off and apply another one. When they send them to u they send 4 so I'm down to 3 as of now.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

does the sticky tape come loose in sub temp.s ?
devildogg
coyotehunter

Post by devildogg »

No they have stayed on 100% I was afraid of that too but not as of yet and I have been hunting every week end and it's been cold and they have not came loose I cleaned all the surfaces with denatured alcohol before I stuck them on there to make sure there was no oil or anything on the surface.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

I bet if you wrap it with mylar tape it would be safe with solvent as well