2007-2008 Fur Prices

Who was the buyer, animal type, average paid?

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

cleankill

Post by cleankill »

Hey guys I am new to this site and hunt coyote alot when i am on my uncle's ranch up by watford city keene area, infact last summer I was there most of the summer and took around 18 but I have never skinned one before (only deer) or sold one.

So my question is where do I go in that area to sell them and what does "put up" and "on the round" mean? My uneducated guess says that put up means that you have skinned and cleaned the fur and on the round means that the skin in still on the animal. correct?
And how the heck do you keep a animal in the round yet if you plan on selling it later on? in a really old freezer?

sorry for all my blabing guys :?
LeviM wrote:"put up" or on the "round"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

cleankill you are 100% right. The problem i think you might have is that if you shoot them during the summer months there hide won't be worth anything. Somebody correct me if i am worng. There are a lot of fur buyers in north dakota. Just look in a local phone book and you should find something or yellowpages.com.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
cleankill

Post by cleankill »

what are the times of year that you can get then and the fur buyers will buy them from you? is it only during the winter months? Sorry for my stupidity I am just new to this prime fur and selling thing.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

well if you want prime fur you need to start checking mid to the end of october. still early but if the leather is white it is prime. you can go up till the fur starts to look rubbed or matted. rubbed is when the fur is broken from walking through brush and matted is when the guard hairs become entangled with the under fur. Usely the best fur is from the 1st of december until about 15 january and that may even be stretching it a bit. I hope that helps.
Coyotes Forever
ndlongliner

Post by ndlongliner »

cleankill, just wondering who your uncle is. I am from that same area.
cleankill

Post by cleankill »

Larry Henderson is his name what is yours?
cleankill
ndlongliner

Post by ndlongliner »

send me an email at archer109 at hotmail.com I work with your cousin in the oil field.
BigCoulee
coyotehunter

Post by BigCoulee »

Sold my furs to a local buyer here this week. High was $35 with most in the $25-30 range and a couple poor ones at $15 and $20. All were put up.