Got a Redbone hound

Coursing means the high speed pursuit of game (or a subsitute for game such as an artificial lure) by a predator hunting primarily by sight. If you have stories, pictures, question or discussions on 'sighthounds' or 'gazehounds' post it here.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Got a Redbone hound

Post by Tim Anderson »

Yeah that happens from time to time when I organize my photo bucket. Check my other posts as I still have pic.s there of another new dog that is starting to come around good and is dam fast and can run the hair off a coyote if she can stick with it in the wind.. Copper has since passed but I have added more new dogs to my kennel.

Let me know if you want more pic.s of other dogs.
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

A friends dog. Treeing walker cross.. Lucy

A dog loaned out by another friend to help with pup training. Running walker.. Jewel

My main dog Sally. Running walker 5-7 day dog, hunts hard and no quit..

Running walker pup. Kally. has the speed of a gazelle.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

good looking dogs
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

At the moment I have a new pup being built/trained down in Iowa. Lucy is her name and the owner has been handling her and also running her in a coyote pen for pups. The coyote pen is roughly 40 acres or more and has around 60 coyotes in it with another 30 coyotes in reserve. Lucy is run in the pen for 3 hr.s every other day and runs with as many as 20-40 other pups. I got a update today and the handler says she is running up in front most times which is great news. We will continue to run Lucy in the pen till end of Iowa turkey season and then she will be run on the outside with an adult dog and will then go from there. If she needs more out side time then she just stays longer is all.. There will also be a puppy hunt coming up some time soon and she will be entered in this to see how she stacks up against other pups from all over the state of Iowa as well as Neb. Kansas, MO.,Ind. and Ill.. We are hoping she makes the top ten in the hunt and if so we may continue to contest hunt her over the summer.. I can't wait to get her home so we can just hunt together but if she wants to be a super star that's fine by me also..