New here nd a bit of back ground.

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

alleyyooper
coyotehunter

New here nd a bit of back ground.

Post by alleyyooper »

I am first off a old goat, at 69. I started varmint hunting when I was about 8. One of my aunts and uncles lived on a dead end street at the edge of a small village in the 1950 and their children were way older than my brother and I. so when my folks went to visit them we took a 410 single shot gun and a old Winchester gallery model 22. the next street over form my aunts and uncles went back to the land fill in those day was always open and stuff set afire. but on the week ends mostly Sundays when my folks visited we boys were mostly along to shoot rats there. there was a 2 cent bounty on them at that time so we would fill a burlap bag with about $20.00 worth for the day of fun.
About 1961 we got to hunting the red fox which had a $5.00 bounty on them then. We used the 410 with slugs and dads model 94 in 30-30. I had bought a Oilt rabbit squealer call for that.
By the 60's the bounty system ended and so did our paid hunting for varmints. But the3 ever present wood chucks in farmers fields presented a new money maker as they would pay us a few dollars for every one we cleaned off the farm. Both my brother and I bought 243's for this, I got mine first a Remington 700 BDL and Rob got his later a Winchester model 70. He put what we thought was a monster scope on his a 4x12.
By the late 70's we still hunted but earning money was not foremost on our minds we discovered sweet smelling women were nice to spend time with.
Fast forward to the 1980's Brother got married at beginning of decade I waited till 1985. Bought my deer camp in Michigan's UP and hunted till almost 2000 before we seen or heard coyotes around there. By 2003 we were shooting them a lot when we would go up in Oct scouting using my old oilt call.
2oo6 I built my home made caller used a apple shuffle to hold the calls a real expensive bit of junk for that perpous. Really no way of selecting a certain sound and you needed I tunes to load the sound to it. A sanza clip is much better.
And as Of Tuesday a new ICO tec GC350 has joined my equipment pile, along with the 220 Swift and that old Remington 243. My last hunting partner passed away in 2005 so these days I tend to do a bunch of coyote hunting alone.

So that is a little of my back ground varmint hunting.

:mrgreen: Al
Cuts Crooked
coyotehunter

Re: New here nd a bit of back ground.

Post by Cuts Crooked »

Welcome Al!!!

Things are a bit slow on this board, but the info you find here is the best you find anywhere, nice people too, just usually busy hunting instead post posting. :lol:
alleyyooper
coyotehunter

Post by alleyyooper »

Waited so long for my post to show up. I had a bionic knee install and about 100% better. Information months and months after you need it is useless so I've opted out here.

8 days short of 90 days waiting for a post to appear, no reason for that.

:D Al
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

sorry about that, it some how endede up in a pre approval list. I didnt even know it was there waiting for my approval, not even sure how it got into that file. so sorry for the delay. any pics of the knee, awesome that you are on the mend.
alleyyooper
coyotehunter

Post by alleyyooper »

Ya have knee pictures, How many months for those to show up?

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

we should be good now. I made a change to your account status. :D
alleyyooper
coyotehunter

Post by alleyyooper »

First day home with all weather bandage.

Bruising and swelling.

Day 7, half the staples removed and butterfly bandage.

Day 14 all staples removed and went from walker to a cane.

Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Ouch! :shock:
Welcome Al.
Cuts Crooked
coyotehunter

Post by Cuts Crooked »

Cool! My friend/coworker had his done two week ago. Yesterday he did two slow laps around the block he lives on. But then, he is much younger than us.
alleyyooper
coyotehunter

Post by alleyyooper »

My in town PT is more than just walking. Stand on tippy toes for a minute, stand on an incline a minute, ride a bike to no where for 10 minutes, do lunges on a set of stairs 20 reps with a 10 second hold between them, Then climb the 5 steps 20 times, forward, side ways and backwards. Do a march step 5 time down 20 feet of parreal bars, forward, side ways and back wards, 30 squats, leg pull 30 pounds 5 inches hooked behind the knee. Then to the bench and do 30 straight leg kicks sitting on the edge, hook a strap to the ankle pull the leg backwards 20 reps with 10 second holds. lay on the bench do 30 straight leg lifts, do another 30 with a block under the knee, put a rolled towel under the knee and press down on it 30 time. Real killer is put the towel roll under the ankle and press down at the knee.
Go to a chair and sit /stand with out using your hands 20 times.
Yesterday I was so swollen after that they hooked me to a machine ran electric current across the knee in two places while I had bags of ice under and a bag over the knee to get the swelling down. All lots of fun.
I was wringing wet from sweat when I hobbled out of there.
Monday I get to lay on a bench and push a plate to lift 60 pounds a foot.

I suppose I could now hobble a couple hundred yards down a cow path, set up and call coyotes then hobble back.

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

wowzers
alleyyooper
coyotehunter

Post by alleyyooper »

Forgot to mention here they get your butt out of bed 24 hours after the operation and your walking the halls in the hospital with the use of a walker. Also a couple leg lifts while in the hospital bed. 48 hours they have you working the walker to do stairs since most people have some steps at home to get in the house.

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

mobility is everything.
alleyyooper
coyotehunter

Post by alleyyooper »

It is for me.