Howdy

All you new guys who are just getting into coyote hunting, put your posts in this area. Lots of good information that would be helpful before putting up a post asking for the "how to" manual on calling.
sleepyhunter25

Howdy

Post by sleepyhunter25 »

Hey guys I just got registered on this site and I figured the appropriate thing to do was say hi and give a little bit of an introduction. I grew up in Texas but my job has me working in Washington for the next 3-5 yrs and gives me about 50/50 odds of missing the various big game seasons so last spring/early summer i started going out coyote hunting with some of my buddies and got hooked. I don't have any previous personal experience calling coyotes, but I've shot a few in the past, and the only non-youtube exposure to calling was last spring when I moved up here, but the guys that were taking me out are gone just as much as me so I'll be doing just as many solo trips as going out with them. The equipment I plan on working with is a R870supermag (3 1/2" #4 full choke unless yall have other reccomendations), Savage 12 fv in 6.5cm (143eld-x 2820f/s), T/C Encore in 22TCM (similar to a 22 hornet- 50gr vmax @2760f/s), foxpro hammerjack, primos mouth call that ive been screwing around with trying to learn, and pickup truck that averages 30m/g on the highway. I get back to washington in a few weeks and plan on hitting it pretty hard on the various plots of land i got to scout last year. I'm sure after the first couple times I get skunked hunting on my own I'll have all sorts of questions. Hopefully come this time next month I'll have some cool pictures to post and not be skimming the beginner thread with a bunch of frustrated questions. Happy to be here.
"I'd rather be lucky than good any day"