Rules

1-day coyote hunting tournament in Dickinson, ND Saturday Jan. 08, 2022. There will be a mandatory rules meeting at 6:00 p.m. Friiday January 7th at the in Dickinson, ND. Blocks will be distributed at that time.
There will be a check in Saturday at 7pm at the hotel parking lot. This hunting tournament is a two-day points series contest with a $100* per team entry fee (see rules for details). 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20%, place finishes will be awarded to the teams with the highest one-day total. Additional prizes to be determined.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Do you like this addition to the rules

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 7

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Rules

Post by Coyotehunter »

13. We will be picking at random 5 teams to be mediators with 5 additional teams as alternates prior to the start of the tournament by team number. In the case of team with any coyotes that are disqualified during the check-ins the team with the rules infraction will have an opportunity on Saturday after check-ins are complete to request a review by their peers of the facts as they pertain to the coyotes in question. One member of each of the 5 teams will have a vote with a majority vote being the final ruling The team that requests the review will have to upon the request pay an additional $75 that will be refunded back if upon the review the ruling is overturned. If the ruling stands the money will be forfeited by the team requesting the review. This is not an opportunity to rewrite rules but a chance at a impartial review of the facts.

I would like to see some input on this change. This was suggested by Brad Troftgruben and his brother Corey Troftgruben. I feel this is a great idea but I want to hear what everyone else thinks and we can maybe work through some problems if any prior to implementing this addition to the rules at the Classic. If this works out I will be adding this to my other tournaments as well.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

This sounds like a pretty good idea Jamie. It would be a good addition to the rules.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Jeff Rheborg
coyotehunter

Post by Jeff Rheborg »

Jamie,
I like this addition to the rules as well. There is always something... If you guys are not doing anything tomorrow, I will hold a spot in our tournament for you. Short notice I know and a long way to travel, but the invitation is there for you.

Take Care!
Jeff Rheborg, President
The Varmint Hunters Assoc.
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Wow that sounds like a good idea. It makes sense that is a team has good facts it shouldn't be a problem to pay the money. Good rule I think.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Jeff,
Thanks for the invite and I have wanted to get down there and hunt. I have hunted in 6 states in the last year and a half and have yet to hunt South Dakota. I have our company christmas party tonight which I have skipped due to my own tournaments for the past three years. I was told that I am going this year. I will have to sit down with you and DuWayne and get a weekend hammered out. I would like to come down and see your place, maybe scare some yotes while I am there. Man I did not realize I do not have your tournament even listed. If you e-mail me a flyer and some info I will get it up and that way at least we can get all the results posted on here either Sunday or Monday afternoon.