'Hi' equals good luck!

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Dcoy
Top Dog

'Hi' equals good luck!

Post by Dcoy »

Well its clear I should have joined the forum sooner.Been a very slow and tough year for me-noisy snow and spot/stalk don't work well together.Anyway I join yesterday,Coyotehunter welcomes me and says post a pic so by golly I will.
Don't get me wrong,its far from a usual or typical day but made 3 sets this morning and scored on 2 of them.Friends and I have had 2 dog days this year but my first alone.I hope this 'sign up'luck continues!
I'm not much for pics and I had to wait for the wife to get home and load them on my computer but hopefully I can get it on here.
For what its worth,I shoed in over half a mile on all sets.The first one,a female came in to a basic rabbit distress after about 5 minutes.The second,a male,came in after about 22 minutes.Had used a cottontail,pygmy hare and 2 female howls by then.
Looks like you NoDak boys are gonna get some white tomorrow-may have to join you friday.
Good hunting all
PS Well I should have known better.Can't figure out how to post pics and even if I could,bet its too big.No wonder I hate computers and the computer age.Sorry.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

way to go. need any more help just let me know. :lol:
Coyotes Forever
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

here you go man, great pic
Coyotes Forever
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Thanks for posting the pic.
Coyote 22-250
coyotehunter

Post by Coyote 22-250 »

way to go, keep up the hard work
Matt Monson

A.K.A Goose Bandit
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

nice pick and i bet those snowshoes contributed to those two dogs :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Nice pair of yotes, all that snow makes me sick to look at!! Us Nodak boys are going to get a good shot of snow this afternoon :x , I am not looking foward to it
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Snow rules.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

I sure agree on the snow!Just walked in the door and its even snowing a bit here up on the Coteau in NE SoDak.Sure was snowing and blowing out of the east in NoDak this afternoon.
Had quite a day.Got up early and headed to an island in a lake near me in the dark with a view toward trying to intercept a pack that howls all damn night long but are impossible to find(likely cause of posted land they seem to spend daylight on)during the day.Got out there without at least seeing any I spooked,set up in a good spot near a point that had 6-7 piles of scat on it and an actual coyote trail running the edge of the island etc.Sat til daylight,then called=zilch.Then the day got interesting.The boss had some 'buying'to do in Fargo and I decided to ride with her to try pick up a Harris bipod.(heck its only an hour and a half so why not?)I travel that route a lot and rarely see much off the Interstate except maybe a fox in the tree lines in the 'valley'south of Fargo on occasion.That and the boss complaining I don't have to hunt every day,everywhere we go, kept me from putting a rifle in her vehicle.
Well I forgot one dang important thing-its Valentines Day tomorrow and love must be in the air.We saw 6,yes SIX,coyotes on the way.Thats 6 more than I've seen traveling there the last 6 years or so.FROM I 29.Between 10AM and noon.Honest,couldn't make that up.Two were in SoDak but the other 4 were in NoDak.Tough,flat calling country there boys but....figure I'll take a ride up there myself soon.
Happy Valentines Day!!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

no gun, wow that sucks. its as if they know.
Coyotes Forever
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

look at it on a positive note, at least you spotted them :wink: most guys drive right by and never even know there was a coyote there.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Yes it sure is as if they know.Semi's and all sorts of vehicles flying by and there they are,just walking along.One group of three(I got the next mileage marker:-))were very close to the Interstate(300 yds?).Figure it was the female laying by a little cattail slough with 2 love sick males standing by just looking at her.Dam!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Ya its that time of year. I feel for you
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
BigCoulee
coyotehunter

Post by BigCoulee »

Nic pic. We have a little snow here, but most of it went away in the 40degree weather yesterday. It's tough living in the banana belt :D .

I don't think I have ever seen 6 coyoets besides the road like that. Could it have been the weather that was making them move? Or was it the "love sick blues"?
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Me either.I think it was Valentines day. :D