Globe, Az fur sale

Who was the buyer, animal type, average paid?

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Globe, Az fur sale

Post by Coyotehunter »

A trapper friend of mine in Arizona just went to their trappers fur sale on Saturday in Globe, AZ. The coyotes went dirt cheap, with $8-$17 averages depending on Northern or Southern coyotes. Many of the coyote did not even get an offer. Grey foxes seen averages in the $37-$41 and cats ran around $200-$300 with $450 paid to the top cat at the sale.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Sounds like Cats are where they money is! I don't understand why the price of coyote fur won't go up
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

to many s**t coyotes on the market right now.
Coyotes Forever
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

the market is flooded.

Talked to Dusty Hough at the NDFHTA winter meet yesterday and he said many of the coyotes that he has had come in this year were just crap condition. Anyone else heard about what has been turned in this year? The coyotes we have killed have all been pretty well furred and out of the 51 coyotes we have seen not ONE has been mangy.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

with the flood of S**t furs in the market, thats not a good sign for next year is it??
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

At the classic the fur buyers thoughts about all these crappy furs lately were due to the lack of snow that we have had the past few years. He mentioned that a fured up coyote that can't hunt and run above the grass and crops that it wears on the fur a lot like sunflower fields do to the coyotes fur.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

LeviM wrote:with the flood of S**t furs in the market, thats not a good sign for next year is it??
I read speculation in an article that the Olympic games in China would result in a lot of tourists buying furs which may result in higher demand next year. Also, wasn't China having some rough winter weather a few weeks ago? Hopefully they get pounded by cold!
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Less snow sure can't be helping. Just think though how many people are calling now. They shoot two or three coyotes in a weekend and stop at the furbuyer on the way home. They don't shoot enough to get into putting up fur so they don't care how they are handled the whole weekend. This means the fur buyer has to put a lot of time into them to get them looking good which may not be an option for him to make a buck. There is a general thought of "I don't care" in the market today. When there use to be a lot of trappers they all took great pride in their fur and the buyers generally were nothing more then a middle man. Nowadays the buyers put up a lot more fur. The predator calling explosion will have to slow down before we will see prices come up again unless the European markets happen to go real crazy.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Good point brad.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
DOUBLE LUNG
coyotehunter

Post by DOUBLE LUNG »

If the people actually knew how easy it was to put up fur maybe they would take the time. Of course some people won't want to mess with it.
Handing out Lollipops or Dirt Naps. Looks like we are all out of Lollipops.
HuskerCoyoteCaller
coyotehunter

Post by HuskerCoyoteCaller »

Justed joined a few days back and really enjoy this site. I hope I'm not giving more input or asking more ?'s than you guys like. I find it very interesting how things are done in different parts of the country. This post had me really thinking! I grew up in the little town of Niobrara,NE which is at the mouth of the Niobrara and Missouri rivers right along the SD border. Have any of you ever been in this country? We trapped and hunted anything that roamed the banks and I've never heard of putting up your on furs. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes about this topic, but I've never seen it done. I can remeber mom and dad having to park outside because I had the garage full of furs so it wasn't because I didn't have enough fur or that I didn't like the mess. It's just that some of us have never been introduced to putting up our on furs. I don't t call coyotes and trap different game for the money I do it because it's my passion. Sleep, eat, and think coyotes 24/7. I take care of my fur hang comb before selling, but never have put up my own. Sounds way cool to me! For a part-time job I skin and bone deer in the fall. I charge $40 and you bring the beer. I get to hear a lot of hunting stories and has got me on a lot of new coyote hunting ground. Is skinning a coyote anything like skinning deer? I take pride in any animal I harvest and I think it would be great to put up my own fur, but just because some of us don't doesn't mean we don't care. Like I said don't mean to step on anyones toes just telling you what I feel. Please send me info on putting up my own fur. Love the site!
Coyote fever gotta love it! Go Huskers!!!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I don't think your stepping on anyones toes at all. If you have a passion for working with deer, you would really develop a passion for putting up your own coyote fur or any fur in general. Its a great hobby that could turn into an obsession. I never put up any of my fur this year, due to the fact I don't have a fur shed yet, and I mean yet!!
Good luck! I watched a video from Blaine Eddy "skinning for profit" that movie got my wheels spinning, check it out!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Once you are set up to do it; some place you can keep your freezer, skinning area, a place to hang the drying hides, and the misc. hand tools, is can be enjoyable and does not take long once you get going. Lots of bad info out there but "the two minute coyote" and "Skinning for Profit" are two great videos to get a guy going.
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

[quote="Coyotehunter"]Once you are set up to do it; some place you can keep your freezer, skinning area, a place to hang the drying hides, and the misc. hand tools, is can be enjoyable and does not take long once you get going.quote]

I wouldn't set up shop in the basement of your house either, I know my wife would have me on the stretcher :wink: I still for the life of me don't know how you got away with having your set up in the basement Jamie!! :shock:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Both Videos that Coyotehunter mentioned are good ones if you can find them.

The two minute coyote more so just for getting skinning down to a science

Skinning for Profit covers it all real good
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!