Remember I said I don't give up easy.....

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Pack Leader

Remember I said I don't give up easy.....

Post by Pack Leader »

Well I might rethink that. I decided to go out Monday morning. It was cloudy but a warm day so I thought why not. I set up my stuff and started calling. After about an hour I got a responce. I thought great. I waited then called again. The coyote answered and sounded closer. I had picked a spot in the wood on a high ridge overlooking a small clearing. Just about then a huge crack of thunder and lighting came. I mean it started to rain. Rain like I had not seen since 1972 in the Ashaw Valley. I got some cover under a thick bunch of cedar trees. It only helped a little.
It became apparrent the rain was not going to stop. I decided to go back to my truck. Mind you I am only 1 mile from my house. I got to the bottom of the ridge and found the small creek was now a raging river. I am telling you this thing is never more than ankle deep and maybe 6 feet wide. In the two hours I waited it had grown to about 5 feet deep and up the ridge about 10 feet. The water was raging.
Great, I am stuck here. Back to the trees for cover. Surley the rain will stop soon. Not a chance, it rained all night. The water got higher. I could have used my cell phone, but of corse it's in the truck.
Back to military training, made better cover and was able to get a fire going. I knew there was a reason I had not stoped smoking yet.
Long story short, the next morning I heard the sound of a police siren. I went down the hill to the creek, or river now, and there stood the sheriff and my wife. Before I could say a word, All I Heard Was "You Ass Hole" I have been worrring all night. What the hell is wrong with you. You could have called me. I did not say a word. I just turned around and walked back up the hill. The Sheriff yelled I will get a rope and throw it to you. I just kept walking.
I did stop and turned and said get the rope. Sometimes you just have to grab the bull by the horns and face the situation. I spent two hours cleaning that rifle and the rest of the day hearing her call everybody she ever knew telling them about this. :cry:
Remember if there's one --there's two--never drop your guard!!
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Holy sh*t, :shock:
Coyotes Forever
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

:shock:

Wow!
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

I was waiting to hear you say that you whent back up the hill and called a coyote in and got him :D Theres nothing cool about being unable to get back to home or civilization. Its happen to me before but not like what you faced.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Thatta Boy! :wink: In todays world most people would have been found in the fetal position in the wide open. Good work

I like your dedication
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Ditto on Prairie Ghost.
Also,at least unlike the Ashau,nobody was shooting at you. :D
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

did you get caught in that big down pour that is all over the news?
Coyotes Forever
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

oh by the way I was checking fence snare in hail and rain today. I was thinking about your post all day. I ended up with 3 coyotes, 2-females and 1-male. I will post some pics on the trapping section later tonight.
Coyotes Forever
Pack Leader

Post by Pack Leader »

Yes it was the heavy rain in the news. I am 70 miles southeast of St. Louis. I believe the death toll is around 10 as of today.
You are right no body was shooting this time. :lol:
Remember if there's one --there's two--never drop your guard!!
coyotehunter

Post by 5.56 »

Pack Leader;

Glad you 'survived' O.K. Shame you didn't have a coyote to show for your efforts!
Rain? Did it rain, while we were in Nam? :lol: I thought that was a water main break! :shock:
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington