What size harris bipod should I get??

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Hubbardhowler250

What size harris bipod should I get??

Post by Hubbardhowler250 »

I plan on taking a lot of shots from siiting down. Should I get a bipod for this or should i just get a short bipod for laying down and shooting? The reason I am asking this is it better to shoot from a bipod or shooting sticks when you are sitting down?? Just curious.
Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
William B. Sprague
Dcoy
Top Dog

Re: What size harris bipod should I get??

Post by Dcoy »

This is a question I faced awhile ago.Find a thread here on it for lots of info.A lot depends on your style of hunting.If calling,I'd get a bipod so your gun can stand(sit :shock: )alone without you holding it.If walking/glassing/sniping,I'd go with sticks to avoid the weight and hassle of the bipod.
As to 'sticks',there are many options out there.
Most here will recommend the Harris bipod and they appear to be the standard.Just measure what you need in terms of length and buy the right one.The 25 inch was recommended to me here and by measuring,I agreed.Then I got to a store 120 miles away and bought the Harris '25C'model which a normal humanoid would think meant 25 inches,but 'no',in the Harris 'world',25C means 27inches.
Again,I'd find the earlier thread on this though.
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

HH250,
I re read your question and see I really missed your point.I'd definitely get the 'sitting'one,the prone only would limit you way too much-especially in snow.Heck it would limit most of the shots in my country because of terrain or grass as well.
Good hunting.
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

The Harris bipod I have allows me to take both prone and sitting shots. Maybe a little high for prone but in most of my set ups if I am up high I can always find a low spot to set the bipod in and it is fairly comfortable. On flat ground I can shoot prone it is just that the butt of the gun is up a little higher than I would like. At least as compared to the prone bipods that I have that I made just for that position. Sitting it works great.
Coyotes Forever
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Sitting without a doubt there is just too many of my stands that i have to sit up and I for one am not very good off of shooting sticks

I shoot the 25S
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Post by Tim Anderson »

I have all three sizes of bi-pods but i use the E.L.K. shooting sticks more often than the bi-pods...
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Myself and a few guys I hunt with all had bipods until I found the snipe pod now its all we use www.snipepod.com. didn't like the poundage of a bipod and trying to free hand shoot with that on the gun sucks!
a proud member of the "IF" team