Gun Upgrade

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Dusty
coyotehunter

Gun Upgrade

Post by Dusty »

Well guys i'm getting bored waiting for hunting season, so I think I am going to do some upgrading to my current guns. I have a 22-250 in a winchester model 70 with a stainless steel barrel and a wood laminet stock. The only obvious upgrade that comes to mind is the trigger. I'm thinking about the timmney trigger, also i'm going to switch scopes and scope rings. Any ideas or suggestions for upgrades would be appreciated.
Last edited by Dusty on Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt
coyotehunter

Re: Gun Upgrade

Post by Kurt »

The timney trigger would be a very good upgrade. The 3 guns that I use the most all have timneys in them. I have no complaints with them. The scope you mentioned Iam not familiar with.
Dusty
coyotehunter

Post by Dusty »

Their is a company out their called Badger ordance that makes mil-spec scope rings. Basically the rings have 3 screws on each of the scope vs the normal 1 or 2. Plus they are made of metal, so I've read atleast. As far as scopes I'm not sure what i want to go with, I have used the simmons pro hunter witch seems to be a great scope for the money. I was thinking about trying out something with mil-dots and better magnafacation.
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Dusty are you near Dickenson? If so go to Adrus outdoors and talk to Jared about a Nikko Stirling scope! He has them there and you can get them with Mil-Dot you will not be disappointed for the money.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

well don't forget you can get Nikkon scpoes right here in the online store.
Coyotes Forever
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

You Can!! Sorry Coyotehunter I haven't checked it out in awhile guess I better go on there and see whats new>
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

Take a look under the Optics catagory. I have been adding stuff as I get time. slow process. If you are looking for something in particular let me know and I will see what I can do.
Coyotes Forever