New Coyote hunter b

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

LRHunter308

New Coyote hunter b

Post by LRHunter308 »

Hello I'm new here and sort of new to coyote hunting.being doing it for almost a year. my hunting is done mostly at late evening to night since my job doesn't allow much early morning or day hunts. it is a challenge for me at night. if my budget would allow it would be great to get a night vision scope sometime. So any ways does any one have any suggestions as far as the most sussessful time to go and how about calling in coyotes that are hunted more (good calls to use; rabbit distress, ect..) i hunt mostly a lot of pastures that i have gotten permission to hunt. any advise would be great thanks
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: New Coyote hunter b

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Welcome aboard! I would check the regs before you drop the $5,000 a lot of states don't allow for night vision.

Don't worry about the sound you're making so much just make sure you in coyotes for every stand and it won't matter what sound you're making so much.

A great distress call is the Crittr call standard,Peewee or Songdog you can buy them in the shopping cart.

Calling at night can be very successfull i used to do a lot of calling at night under the full moon when there was good snow cover.
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

welcome :D
a proud member of the "IF" team
Coyotehunter
Site Admin

Post by Coyotehunter »

glad you found us. Yyou may want to see if you can use a light at night for hunting. Some states allow for the use of red or Amber lights at night.
Coyotes Forever
LRHunter308

Post by LRHunter308 »

Thanks for the help i do believe we can use nightvision. just the other night (sat) i got a younger male.