Coyote hunting tournys

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Grizzler

Coyote hunting tournys

Post by Grizzler »

Hey guys new to the site and love it. Im from Alberta Canada and we have a S&*t load of yotes. We have been having a tourny every year with pretty good success. I'm wondering the best method for identifing yotes that have been killed other then on tourny day. We temp probe just wondering if anyone has other methods?
LeviM
coyotehunter

Re: Coyote hunting tournys

Post by LeviM »

block method will really help. Have the teams zip tie a block in between the canines after the coyote was shot. After the coyote stiffins up the mouth should stay around the block after the zip ties have been cut
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Grizzer
Coyotehunter.net rules are really put together well. you can read them under tourny rules I think its only missing a polygragh :shock:
a proud member of the "IF" team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Tbush the pollygraph is included but jamie hasn't seen the need to use it yet :wink: :lol: :lol:

If you temp check your coyotes record it and post the results one the site. We will be more than happy to tell you if something is not right. Make sure you note which ones were mangy and wich ones weren't. As levi mentioned the blocking method is a great tool to use. It helps prevent teams pooling there coyotes together. If you have any questions on the tournament i think the closest one that coyotehunter.net puts on is in Minot North Dakota for you to come check out sometime. If you follow a rule make sure that it is enforced 100% and no if's and's or but's. It is what it is. Jamie has this tournament thing down so well that his rules help him enforce anyhting that is in question. I would not pay out the winners until after every coyote has been skun and or giving to the furbuyer. It gives you time to look everything over one more time and it allows you to think with a clear head instead of everyone watching over your shoulder.
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Patterson

Post by Patterson »

Both temp probing and kill blocks help a lot. Another good method is to get the top 3-5 teams depending on how big the contest is and separate the teamates. Send them to opposite sides of the room. Give them a sheet of paper and have them describe each kill. Same method cops use. Works well in finding liars.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Patterson that is also known as the polygraph :wink:
Chris Lyon

Grizzler

Post by Grizzler »

I like that idea of the poor mans polygraph. That would definatly bring out the cheaters ( if there were any ). The block is good to but still wouldn't stop guys from "pooling " coyotes. Every step we take though shows people we are serious and do not want any BS.
Thanks for the replies.
crossfox73

Post by crossfox73 »

you have to hand out "marked" blocks at the start of the tourney. :wink:

Where/When is this? I am from Sask. and have a licence and a hunter host...........room for one more team?

CF73
Grizzler

Post by Grizzler »

i understand the marked blocks, but teams could still have "buddies" that are not entered in the tourny running around killing coyotes and using a registered teams blocks. Pool the yotes, split the prize and only pay one entry. We have our tourny Dec 27th. We'll see next year if there is room for more teams. We try to limit it to locals and only 20 teams.
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Grizzler i dont think you have the full understanding of the blocking process. PM me and i will cover the details with you. I think there is more to it than what you are thinking.
Chris Lyon