weather

Open Discussion Forum

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

lyonch
coyotehunter

Re: weather

Post by lyonch »

Tbush wrote:Yep been there done that :lol: the face plant in the snow with your nuts almost hung on the fence :shock: Its a bitch to have short legs ,I'm pretty good at going under :wink:

LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: Terry i can see you doing that already!!!! When i see more than 3 strands of barbwire my eyes go :shock: good luck gettin over that one buddy :lol: :lol: Then of course Levi and i need to harrass each other when we are trying to cross. Heres a tip for all you new coyote hunters: Never trust your buddy to hold down the fence for you!!!! Always hold it down yourself especially if its a hot one :shock:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

lyonch wrote: LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: Heres a tip for all you new coyote hunters: Never trust your buddy to hold down the fence for you!!!! Always hold it down yourself especially if its a hot one :shock:
Theres alot of truth to that statement!!! :D
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Always be safe,have your partner Pee on all fences to make sure they are not hot before crossing. :D
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

If you and your hunting partner were to take turns peeing on fences to see if it's on is like playing a little russian roulette in my eyes :lol: :lol: Damn that would suck!!!!!!
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Dcoy wrote:Always be safe,have your partner Pee on all fences to make sure they are not hot before crossing. :D
you go first :wink:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Dcoy wrote:Always be safe,have your partner Pee on all fences to make sure they are not hot before crossing. :D
I convinced my cousin to do that when we were kids. :twisted:
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

I bet he only did it once.
I once had a dog that would do it time after time,then turn on the person nearest to him.I stayed away when I saw him approaching a fence. :D
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

:shock: :lol:
a proud member of the "IF" team
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Hey you ever cross a fence with snow shoes on :shock: Its more like jump and roll then try and stand up :lol: :lol: THATS why I'm using ski poles this week end so I can get myself upright agian :wink:
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Yeh,I've 'spilled'a few times going over fences.Its really nice when one shoe pins down the other-as you're straddling the fence.With the long Alaskans,its also thrilling if you're in a hurry and on the leg swing over,the end catches the fence.=nosedive. :shock:
If there's any good news Terry,it's that with all your snow,the 'lift over'isn't as high.Of course,the other side of the coin is there's deeper snow to nosedive into. :(
Ever shoe in drifted cattails?Now that can get interesting!We call it doing "a Herbie".You do a "Herbie'when you break through and go out of sight.Then,after a few deep breaths and dives under the snow to 'release'the shoes,you emerge and start your struggle to get out.Can take nearly an hour sometimes. :D
Good luck this weekend!
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Terry,
One more thing,bring condoms this weekend.When using shoes,its always good to have your barrel covered. :mrgreen:
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Dcoy wrote:Terry,
One more thing,bring condoms this weekend.When using shoes,its always good to have your barrel covered. :mrgreen:
LMFAO,LMFAO,LMFAO

I don't think my wife would understand why I am bringing them :wink:

And yes crossing a fence with snow shoes suck, but its awfully funny watching your partner do it!!!! Also trying to put them back on in the field, it can get quite humourus!! :lol:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Dcoy wrote:Terry,
I have to do something anyway. Took a spill on Saturday with my snowshoes. I couldn't see how big the downhill drift was and I got snow in my barrel. So I had to switch to my 243 for peace of mind until I could thaw out the drain it.
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Condoms work but are too expensive and better used elsewhere. :D I use balloons-just have to be careful not to lose them if you're in/out of a guncase cause they'll unwind.Tape also works well but often comes off in the cold.
In an emergency(say on a deer stand and you have no balloons when it starts snowing),I just tear off a piece of paper,lick it,then apply over the end of the barrel.It freezes in place=no snow in the barrel.
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Great tips :D