7NDCC Coyote Classic 8-10 January 2009

1-day coyote hunting tournament in Dickinson, ND Saturday Jan. 08, 2022. There will be a mandatory rules meeting at 6:00 p.m. Friiday January 7th at the in Dickinson, ND. Blocks will be distributed at that time.
There will be a check in Saturday at 7pm at the hotel parking lot. This hunting tournament is a two-day points series contest with a $100* per team entry fee (see rules for details). 1st 50%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 20%, place finishes will be awarded to the teams with the highest one-day total. Additional prizes to be determined.

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Re: 7 NDCC 8-10 January 2009

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Well it was a hell of a day and my hats are off to the guys that struggled with the weather it was really nasty out there but some of them WERE able to find some coyotes to shoot at.

First day totals as follows

Total coyotes seen = 145

Total coyotes shot = 26

There are two teams tied for the lead with four each. Stay tuned for more updates
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

Well today is certainly going to be a little more enjoyable to hunt! Its definetly warmer out but the wind isn't blowing near as bad and a lot of the ice is melting off out here. The sky is going from sunny to overcast as the day goes on and i'm sure after the weather from the last few days the coyotes will be on the move if they weren't able to hunt real well last night. Last night was fairly bright out with new snow and a good moon so for those of you wondering about moon phases you should be able to see some things after todays results.

Stay tuned........
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
papapete
coyotehunter

Post by papapete »

Jerry Hunsley wrote:I started out this morning and then decided to turn around and come home. It a shame the damn weather had to be so harsh for the tournament. I was really looking forward to a few beers and shooting the breeze with everybody. From what it sounds, I made the right choice. I got this surprise yesterday. Image
Very nice looking cat Jerry.
"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

When's the update?I hear rumors of a video involving Chris and Levi,lets get it on! :D
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

First of all i would like to thank jamie and brad for another great tournament!! It was a great time getting to know some new people and put some names with faces once again!! Thanks to all the contestants who cooperated 100%!! My hat is off to the Heid boys!! They more than proved themselves this weekend :!: I also need to say that yes there is a video of Levi and I that will be posted some time in the future of a bet we loss :oops: The weather was shitty and coytotes were seen but the number shot versus seen will more than tell you how the weekend whent for most. As far as levi and mines hunt whent well it went a little something like this:

First of all i need you to picture two monkeys. Ok now that you have those 2 monkeys pictured i need you to think of a football. Now take those two monkeys, that are young and dumb and full of you know what, and what they would do with a football when there horny. Well we looked just like 2 monkeys banging a football in some deep snow :oops:
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

Lyonch maybe you shouldn't have given up at 10am on the second day. Can't kill them when your in the truck or at the Motel. I to want to thank Coyotehunter and Praire Ghost for a good tourney once again. We do all need to chip in on here though and buy those two boys a alarm clock though because after a big speech on no excuses for being late we had to wait on those two fellas Saturday morning but they did pull it together and got us out fast so hats off to them they did do a good job.
THANKS GUYS!!!!!!
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

Once agian a great tournament coyotehunter and prairie Ghost Thanks!! also all the teams applauded levi and Chris for all the help during the event but they were stuck at the A&W in a long wait, thanks guys :D Well it was a crueling 2 days of coyotes hanging up and simply not reponding to well, They didn't want to cross into deep snow or put alot of effort into a free meal as they put the food bag on all night with easy pheasants and deer to feast on :( We did manage to shoot a couple and more than a few missed coyotes at 400 plus yards and moveing.... oh well. Its all good :D
Damon, great tune on the howler hope we can hear it on the video :lol:
here is the only pics I took while out hunting of Travis pulling back a coyote that we team shot at 301 yards ( ready 1-2-3) bang,bang flop
Attachments
classic 003edit.jpg
classic 003edit.jpg (105.5 KiB) Viewed 50784 times
classic 001edit.jpg
classic 001edit.jpg (73.59 KiB) Viewed 50783 times
a proud member of the "IF" team
Dcoy
Top Dog

Post by Dcoy »

Cool pics Terry.I noticed the fences.Did you P on them to make sure Travis was safe?
Face mask and blowing snow tells me the 'load' may have froze before it hit the fence anyway. :D
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

That kings camo sure was put to good use this weekend by many :wink:
Chris Lyon

LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Nice pics Terry, The pictures tell the story!! The weather was brutual!

Another great tournament put on by Jamie and Brad! These two guys bust their humps every year, and put on a excellent tournaments, I am very honored to be a part of it. Thanks to everyone that showed up and participated. I would also like to give a big thanks to kevin for working on getting the two new DMPS rifles! It was good to see and shoot the breeze with old friends and really great to meet some new faces!

Congrats to the Heid Boys they took 1st place. It was great to get to meet them, I understand how hard they hunt these contests now! Congrats again, and to everyone that placed!

The boys from VHA are a hoot to hang out with, we had a little wager with them and of course lost, I am assuming someone has pictures and I know there is video out there. Jeff next year will be intresting!! :wink:
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

You know we talked about the camo and think its a little to dirty with all the snow! I'm going back to using pure white
a proud member of the "IF" team
lyonch
coyotehunter

Post by lyonch »

Terry i think you are right in the fact that it is a little too dirty for pure white snow!! However most of the time i hunt in snow there are few areas that are pure white where i call. Usually a brush patch or some type of cover (rocks) can be used to hide movement. I always try to break my outline up thats all. If i were to spot and stalk fox i would definitely use pure white clothes.
Chris Lyon

RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

First of all a big THANK YOU to Jamie and Brad for putting this thing together, a ton of work has to be done, along with hours of work that goes noticed or unknown of unless you have ever done something of this magnitude!!

Chris and Levi also THANK YOU for all you did, valuable members of the Classic team and stand up guys to honor the chicken dance bet!!!

Terry and Travis nice to meet you in person, I may borrow those pics to show some guys the conditions if you don't mind. Wish I would have taken some.

Great to meet the Heid brothers truly some hard hunters and tenacious competitors. I like that bulldog mentality in a hunter. Congratulations!!

To my partner Daryl Sollin, you know how much I enjoyed the days with yourself and your family. Getting to hunt new country is always a challenge not to mention when there is snow up the wazoo!!! How is your ankle?? I think I may have exposed Daryl to a different type of calling, he'll be ready for me next time. Thank you again and we will be in touch!!

Hook, Rheborg, good friends, many good stories as usual, Hook close the deal next time brother!!!!!

Wayne and Justin again tough hunters, good callers you can pickup on that not long into visiting with them.

Thanks to all the sponsors DPMS very nice, Kevin way to go!!

Hope to see you all if not before next year.
Randy Roede
kevin kerner
coyotehunter

Post by kevin kerner »

Once agian a great tournament,thanks to Jamie, Brad ,Chris, Levi and all the great sportsman that made this the best ever.
Congats to Todd and Tory Heid they are 2 of the hardest hunting SOBs I know. A big thank you to DPMS and Randy Hoff for
the rifle and the coating real great first place prizes. Give them a e mail and thank them and hope we can get those prizes
for years to come.

jason@dpms.com
wwwrahoffer.com
Off to Kenmare for the weekend and hope to see some of you guys there.

Kevin
Daryl
coyotehunter

Post by Daryl »

I too would like to thank Chris and Levi! I may give them a hard time but as many know they give it back. I give them two thumbs up for honoring there bet with Jeff and Hook. Not many would stand in front of a group and do the chicken dance :lol: and Damon :shock: you did a amazing job with playing the chicken dance on that call :wink:

My partner Randy Roede where do I begin :roll: This guy was like out of high school when I was born and hunts like he is 20yrs old. I had a heck of a time keeping up and maybe that has to do with my winnie the pooh figure (right Lyonch) but I couldn't have asked to meet and hunt with a better guy. His knowledge and attitude were second to none. I learned alot from this guy and hope to learn more from him in the future.

Jeff and Hook you guys crack me up. From your silly bets to your crazy stories there is no dull moments with you two around.

Kevin Kerner you the man :wink: Thanks for what you have done also for this tourney. I wish I could have won one of those rifles but maybe in the future.

Tory and Todd Heid congrats to you two on all your winnings! You two deserve it for the hard work and determination you two put into a hunt. I have got to know these two pretty well through the years of tourney hunting in ND. These two fellas have gotten a bad rap over the years from all there winning and I think they proved this weekend that they hunt the same as everyone else just harder. CONGRATS again guys!!!!!!!

Wayne and Justin it was great to meet you guys! These two also are two hard hunting fellas and if you get the chance shake there hand and get to know them alittle you won't be disappointed. Wayne thanks again for supper I owe you one!!

Thanks again to the guys involed in putting on this grate tourney!!
Last edited by Daryl on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather have a slow hit than a fast miss...