Dusty Hough Downer MN

Who was the buyer, animal type, average paid?

Moderators: Coyotehunter, Prairie Ghost

lyonch
coyotehunter

Dusty Hough Downer MN

Post by lyonch »

I sold some furs this past weekend to Dusty Hough in Downer MN.

In the first pic i averaged $13 on my coon.

In the second pic here are the fox that i was going to sell to him and he told me that he has a guy that is interested in fox this year and would be willing to give me a better deal on my fox. He was going to give me 14 a piece for the fox. He said they are the best fox he has seen in a long time.

Here is a pic of the badger, skunk, and coon that i put up. I sold the badger for 15 bucks. I sold the 3 skunks at 7 dollars a piece, and the otter i would have gotten 45 for but elected to keep it and tan it.

All in all i didn't think it was too bad given the fact that everyone is predicting that the fur market has just taken another crash and will be at least 3 years before it comes back. I will let everyone know what i get for the fox in the end. If im not happy with the price i was going to keep them and have them tanned. My fiances nephews would love to have a tanned fox to hang up in there room :D
Chris Lyon

My mind belongs to my work,
My heart belongs to my family,
BUT MY SOUL BELONGS TO THE COYOTES!!!
Tim Anderson
coyotehunter

Re: Dusty Hough Downer MN

Post by Tim Anderson »

The furs look great! Nice and uniform and clean.. Good job....
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

looks like you take great care with the fur. was just to dusty's yesterday.normally there is alot of dead criiters on the floor thawing out to skin this time of year. not much this year. deep snow and bad economy is not good. he said the fur market might get worse soon if that is possible.
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Chris and I actually showed up right after you left, his fur help was there and was telling the story of your kenmare tournament experience so we put it together and figured it was you that was just there. We got the same story, not looking good, I have never seen the floor of his fur shed not full of animals before. Its too bad, hopefully things can straighten out within a few years. We picked up some furs from Dusty we had a private buyer look at, at brought them to another buyer. We ended up selling 10 coyotes for a $10.50 average and Chris sold 4 fox for a $12 average. We figured it wasn't economical to freeze them. We still have another 8 coyotes, a couple of red fox and coon to put up, I have a feeling we are just going to be donating these furs.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
'Whack em' and Stack em' ND Style"
"Speak the Language"
RandyRoede
coyotehunter

Post by RandyRoede »

Chris nice looking fur, a job well done. Only someone who has put u[ fur understands the work involved, well done. Those reds look very nice!!!
Randy Roede
Fallguy
coyotehunter

Post by Fallguy »

Levi those prices you posted yesterday...is that put up or on the round?
"Lure The Fur" Calling Team
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

everything is put up
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

That sure make's it tuff to put them up and only get a few dollars more :x and nowdays if you sew stuff they grade it down :( used to be no big deal..BUT I'm glad that you guy's love & enjoy it :D
a proud member of the "IF" team
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

I agree Terry, its alot of work, for a few extra bucks. Its more of a pride thing these days, I like to see my garage full of put up furs, nothing better :D . This was our first year, so we can chalk it up as a learning experience and an over all experience. Hopefully in the future we can sell some furs for more than a tank of gas and a snickers bar.
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
Tbush
coyotehunter

Post by Tbush »

8)
a proud member of the "IF" team
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

i saw a coyote off i94 soon after i left. about 200 yards out. i really wanted to stop and dust him but did'nt. he had a mangy (rat) tail. would've been a good one to get out of the population. to bad we were minutes apart. would've liked to meet you fella's. i may go to the balta tourny if the weather looks like it will be decent. may see ya there. i'll be the fat guy with white tipped beard :oops: :oops:
the more food you have in your mouth at one time, the better you can taste it!!!
"Remember, the government cannot give anything to anyone that they have not first taken away from someone else."
LeviM
coyotehunter

Post by LeviM »

Made another sale with dusty lastnight, 5 coyotes, and 1 coon. We got a $10 average on the coyotes, thats with 2 of them rub pretty bad, and 1 xxl coon that got $16. Same story as all year!

One thing I really like about Dusty is that he is an honest buyer, He miss placed one of chris's fox a month ago, and he payed $12 for that fox, (what we got from another buyer) no questions ask.

For those that are intrested Nafta has there auction going on this week. I heard a rumor from dusty, that there are 70,000 coyotes, and there might be buyers for all of them, lets hope!! It will help to clear the market and start fresh, especially on coyotes
Levi McNally
"Coyote Fever"
"Speak the Language"
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

thats great news about the auction. be nice to hear some good news for once. i'm heading to dustys tonight to dump off some fur. to bad my 250's was so hard on fox, probally won't get much. seen 4 on the way home from work yesterday and did'nt even go after them. shot 1 coyote but it's rubbed real bad. i think the fur hunting for gas $$ is done for year. your right about dusty, he is an honest buyerand a good allaround guy.
Prairie Ghost
Site Admin

Post by Prairie Ghost »

I don't know how i missed those pics chris good job on the fur. That sounds good about the fur auction it has been about a 12 average on coyotes on the round out here talking to the fur trappers
Money is a great servant but a terrible master!!
bucksnbears
coyotehunter

Post by bucksnbears »

the fur auction did not go good at all. huge amount of fur was not even bought. prices were horrid. the best of the best went ok but most went super cheap or was bought back.